Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Russia Backs Trump’s Re-election

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Feb 20, 2020.

1. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    An actual american (potential) presidential response to Russian interference.
    U.S. officials tell Democrat Sanders Russia is trying to help with his presidential 2020 campaign | Daily Mail Online

The interesting thing is why. It’s either to hedge their bets so that they cause chaos regardless of who wins, or because they think Sanders is Trump’s best shot to win. I would vote both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    It's interesting how this corresponds to our resident conservatives' recent concern about Bernie Sanders getting screwed at the convention.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    They literally eat news out of of the hand of Russian bots and trolls and it bothers them not at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
  5. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Somebody saw this coming in post #2 of this thread. Actually goes deeper than that, those of us with anything that resembles a brain knew the so called "people close to the situation" the NYT cited were members of congress who wrote their own script to leak to their favorite news source. Been happening ever since Russia Russia Russia as stated in post #9, 11 &12.

6. coleg

coleg Senior

Sep 5, 2011
    Pretty sure it's the same intel community that the Impotus has had three yrs. to manipulate, coerce, and meddle with by firing any Director that happened to possess integrity, but still somehow did its' duly designated job by delivering updates to Congress ( oh the horror). So now Impotus goes full batshtt crazy and appoints a new acting (to avoid due process) Dir. that should'n get near a security clearance because... he worked for a Eastern Euro oligarch that the US, Euro community are pursuing for corruption. Good God Hunter B. pales in comparison.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. coleg

coleg Senior

Sep 5, 2011
    Appears you, Impotus and Putin are so happy right now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    RussiaHoax4Ever! Quadruple down. It will work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. llm85

llm85 NBN Bracket Master

Sep 1, 2011
    Naples
    This isn’t new, folks.
    Russia, and its predecessor, the Soviet Union, have been meddling in US elections since 1948.

10. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Irrelevant.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. llm85

llm85 NBN Bracket Master

Sep 1, 2011
    Naples
    Yeah, to someone who hates Trump and probably America too.

12. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    If I hated America I would be a Trump supporter.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m pretty sure this information just invalidated post #2. If a report that Russia is helping Trump means that Putin playing their “asses”, doesn’t a report that Russia is helping Bernie mean that Russia is playing your “asses” now?

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    I remember the days when certain right wing guys were sure obama was an Iraqi stooge, a Muslim agent, or a Saudi princes lover....and oh how they were ridiculed as wing nut conspiracy theorist.....
    And now we have the kwft....sure that trump is a Russian agent, a puppet of Putin's or Putin's lover, .... but the left isnt wing nut conspiracy theorist....ni, even though Congress didnt find trump guilty of....
    In fact one prominent left poster was famous for saying that he would stop supporting Hillary as soon as she was convicted....disnt some of her server tech refuse to show up before congress...just asking....
    Long story short. Different party, same songs. Left v right....Dosen't matter.
    Democrats ket Bloomberg buy his way in after complaining about trump being a millionaire several times over. And now there are moderate democrats trying to rally votes for Bloomberg when it goes to a brokered covention... even though sanders will win the popular vote...that wont matter. But the same ones will scream about the electoral college...

It is all theater to keep the masses enthralled and willing to donate.
    The economy is good. I am a conservative and like conservative judges, I hate trump as a person but dont see him harming the country as so many claim. Unemployment is down. More minorities are working now than before. Seems good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Also this from Politico

“Unlike Donald Trump, I do not consider Vladimir Putin a good friend,” the statement said. “He is an autocratic thug who is attempting to destroy democracy and crush dissent in Russia. Let’s be clear, the Russians want to undermine American democracy by dividing us up and, unlike the current president, I stand firmly against their efforts, and any other foreign power that wants to interfere in our election.”

Contrast that with “if it’s what you say it is, I love it, especially at the end of the Summer.” And I’m no Bernie Fan. But if you’re a Trump fan, you’re also a Putin fan, a leader who personally participated in nuclear exercises attacking the US as a public statement

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    We've done our share of meddling too.

17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And unlike Trump who has welcomed the meddling by Russia, Democrats Adlai Stevenson and Hubert Humphrey specifically rejected the assistance from the Soviet Union.
    How Adlai Stevenson Stopped Russian Interference in the 1960 Election | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine
    When antagonists of old interfered

Donald Trump is wrong. When Democrats were offered secret help by the Soviets, they refused.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013

Unbelievable like Trump says. It was the crooked Hillary Clinton cabal along with their deep state cronies that financed and carried out that fake news Russian Collusion hoax and now the crooks think they can weaponize it against Bernie also to try and stop him from getting the Democrat nomination.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  19. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    OTOH, his supporters drive me insane. They’re as bad as MAGA types

20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm sure Putin also agrees with you.