Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Russia backs Bernie Sanders election

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorFanCF, Feb 23, 2020.

1. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There was some of that as well. I didn’t vote for her but you could say that the 20-year disinformation campaign against Hillary paid off.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes, I can agree with that much more than classifying Russia as a totalitarian state. My only point was that totalitarian means something different than what Russia is, not that Russia is “good.”

3. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Asking what kind of ad would have swayed you rather missed the point. The better question what type of micro targeted ad could have swayed its intended target, regardless of whether they are aware of it, and possibly only as a necessary but not sufficient cause, only effective in combination with other reinforcement, real or manipulated.

it also ignores not only ads’ effect on their primary target, but secondary effects in the network. Plus the effect of Wikileaks releases and The Who.e campaign.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If you think Putin is a friend of the USA you are beyond naive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    And Russia is the one that picked up the phone. Only after that do we get the return of Putin, Crimea, bots, the Professor and Mary Ann.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    The most qualified and experienced candidate since Thomas Jefferson. But I get it, Hamilton and Adams didn't always like Jefferson either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dude, I doubt that Russia prefers Trump over Bernie Sanders. You know Bernie, the same guy that spend his honeymoon in the U.S.S.R. is Putin's favorite.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

They need to start firing some of these people pushing the establishment deep state political objectives with their BS.

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, I can see where Putin would prefer to have a U.S. president who spent his honeymoon in Russia over one whom Putin owns.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think you should google his post to see what he was really trying to say. He might have been, I don’t know, mocking someone who famously said words to that effect when a political opponent publicly warned him of the true threat that Russia posed in 2012. You are correct, though. Anyone who thinks that Putin is not an intelligent and skilled adversary or that they can wish away the threat he poses is willfully naive. And that goes for this president and the two who preceded him. They have all engaged Putin in incredibly stupid and naive ways.

12. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    Over 126 million Americans saw the products of the Russian troll farm JUST on Facebook.
    Facebook estimates 126 million people were served content from Russia-linked pages

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
  14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Did you read Red Notice?

15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    We see their falsehoods and garbage posted here on a college educated board.

16. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013

17. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Of course, that statement was made in a debate in 2012. Before Magnitsky, Crimea, Eastern Ukraine, the 2016 election interference and the steady deterioration of the relationship with Russia during the Obama Administration after that. It is a History well documented in Michael Mcfual’s book. I am curious why you didn’t mention any of those events and put the statement in context. Well, not really. Sound bite propaganda outside of factual context is the right wing method. Because it is vacuous.

18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    No sir. He needs to say what he means. It is not our job to explain it for him. And the Obama Administration shifted track. Until Trump, with all that happened after 2012, defended Putin at places like Helsinki etc.

19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    No offense, but you are constantly posting Russian conspiracy theories here. The reason is works it that people don’t know it is a Russian conspiracy theory and they believe it. Remember all the Seth Rich threads here until the exodus?

20. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    You, too, seem to confuse me pointing out that Russia not being a totalitarian state with me saying that Russia is a healthy representative government under the rule of law. It isn’t. But totalitarianism has certain characteristics that don’t apply to Russia, such as leader worship and full subordination of all aspects of society to the State. That describes North Korea, Iran, Baathist Iraq, the Third Reich, the PRC under Mao, Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge, and the Soviet Union under Stalin. There have been lots of authoritarian governments, just as nasty as modern-day Russia, that simply don’t fit the mold of totalitarian governments: Chile under Pinochet, Portugal from WW2 to the 1970s, Egypt under Nasser, Syria under Assad, Saudi Arabia at all times, etc. The poster who described Russia as an “organized crime state” has a much better sense of the ground truth there than the poster who characterized it as totalitarian.