Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Russaw and Smith

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by flnative75, Oct 17, 2022.

1. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    However, staff should know by now which of the four could play. Maybe AR leaves and staff realizes two of the remaining four have a low chance of playing at a high level. So then, we only have two effectively on roster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Who had the top class last year?

3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And the older ones sometimes go where they can start. Kitna can start somewhere probably. If AR leaves and he isn’t the guy, maybe he looks around. I would if I wanted to play. Who knows, maybe he likes the clipboard and the education.If he’s not next in line, he likely never will be the guy here. Trask was lucky he ever even got the opportunity and he’s got a contract now.

4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    A&M can buy what they want , they have the cash. I think they may take a slight pause to get a check ready for Jimbo’s exit and let the new staff have a say so on the incoming roster. They’ll be back soon will the same effort as before. It’s not as simple as just pay the cash is what this experience has shown them.

5. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I bet it comes down to whether Fisher is kissing alumni ass enough to keep him around. Then again with Texas entering they may panic and kick him to the curb.

6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He has definitely been a failure but they have to have a good idea on who they’re going to hire because hiring another shitty coach is not gonna help. They might want to stay in a holding pattern until they find their guy

7. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I agree in principle, I'm just not super confident that we have the "right" four on campus at the moment - including Stokes of course. A strong pick-up from the portal good be a very good thing if AR goes to the league.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If another quarterback leaves along with a R, we are shorthanded and have no experience.

9. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    That's true, and two things to consider are the desirability of grabbing a quality QB pick-up via the portal under any circumstances, and the fact that none the QBs now on the roster have all that much experience anyway. I don't hate the line-up we would have in AR's absence, but I'm not bowled over by it either. And TBH, I'm a lot more impressed with Brown's HS highlights/stats than I am with Stokes' play this season. And it does seem to me that two "developmental" QBs, with two guys ahead of them who haven't done much so far, seems like a luxury we may not be able to afford.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If AR leaves, we should be looking for nexts years starter in the portal unless one gets the chance to prove himself this year.

• Agree Agree x 1