Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Rush Propst secretly recorded explaining how Kirby and Saban cheat

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by justinwitt07, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not sure how that works.

2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    In no way but a fan that attends a couple games a year. And no, why would I give the athletic dept money if I wanted to help get a kid to sign? Why not go to the kid directly? Here’s some cash, there’s more where that came from if a kid signs. I’m not really sure what the ncaa could do besides make the kid ineligible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They could but I believe their investigation was into money, not college athletes, it just led there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That’s all true but are you going to makes laws that a football players mom is not allowed to be employed in Gainesville? How bout if someone gives a kids uncle $100k ? Reality is what kind of laws or rules are really enforceable? If I hate the puppies, I give their qb’s uncle $100k and leak what I did? It’s just a mess

5. kes

kes GC Legend

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Tax invasion

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. beteez

beteez Freshman

Jul 20, 2009
    The basketball investigation involved shoe companies which are a much bigger player in amateur basketball than football.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. sir percival harvin

sir percival harvin Junior

Oct 14, 2017
    I think the NIL rules will essentially formalize these informal networks. Fan bases will fund an entity that buys the NIL rights to a player on one year contracts. They don’t actually have to sell any licenses, provided they are appropriately capitalized by the donors. The one year deals allows for roster management if a kid is not performing and retention bonuses for a player in a situation like Chubb coming back.

If that happens, IDK that I am so excited to take my kids to those games.

8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Been hearing this from recruiniks ive known for the past 7 or 8 years now. Then UGA stepped right onto the bus when Smart took over there.

Many recruitniks have seen and heard what has been going on it Bama and UGA, even UT to a degree. They have also been reporting this for years.

Trouble is, the NCAA knows whats going on.... They just really dont care.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    IRS wanted their cash I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Or the SEC, might even need Scott Strickland to push for an investigation by an outside firm with private investigators who will dig out the dirt, Sankey doesn’t want to be involved, just handle the huge money the league generates and he prospers. This action is long overdue and would show the nation we bust the cheaters and make them pay. If not, more Saban is the greatest coach that ever lived, cough cough. When you are a professional team playing others who are following the rules, yes, only Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, and Oklahoma will be the top teams every year.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Semper Fi Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    If you do not meet the NCAA's definition of being a booster (which is pretty broad), I think you can give your money to whomever you wish without recourse. It might be different if you put conditions on that gift. Admittedly I am not a lawyer, so take that for what it's worth.

Role of Boosters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Really easy to say when your school gets away with everything and you’re over here on the board of a school that doesn’t. When is the last time UGa was punished for anything?

• Like Like x 1
  13. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Only time in any way breaking the law in these scenarios becomes a reality is tax evasion. And in no way is that small , they will nail ur ass to the wall for that shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Not sure , but karma has put them on restriction for 4 decades

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    Todd Gurley

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well played brother.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kuwait
    And ...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

A player is suspended for 4 games? That’s the sum total of Georgia’s punishments over the past what, 50 years? In an era where, according to you, everybody is cheating equally? LMAO - you made my point better than I could have.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  19. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    Todd Gurley, AJ Green.....both players getting popped because the school fell on the sword. Stop falling on the sword or being careless and the NCAA can do zip.

20. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Most of the basketball shoe companies also provide football uniforms and my guess is that the football apparel market dwarfs that of basketball. There are a few posters on this site that work in licensing, they could probably give us a better idea.