Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Rooting for LSU

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by cedarkey_gator1, Dec 30, 2019.

1. cedarkey_gator1

cedarkey_gator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Got to. We hung in that game and missing a couple of our best players. I know, injuries are never an excuse. But, that close to the (hopeful) NChampions. We're on our way...Corndogs on the menu at this house...

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, duh. We can’t have an ACC school winning B2B championships. And Dabo needs to have that stupid look smacked right off his face.

Geaux Tiggahs.

• Agree x 9
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  3. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Omg, I’ve been wondering if I’m able to root for lsu again and still be considered a loyal Gator fan. Lol I’ve always rooted for them until all the game rescheduling nonsense from a few years ago. Is that @$$hat still the AD there (alluva I think)?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes... we need to have L.S.U. win this game...
    For a LOT of reasons.
    1. It brings more parity and strength to the Western Division in the S.E.C.
    This is critical and listed #1 for a reason. The balance of power needs to shift away from Alabama.
    2. Therefore, L.S.U. becomes more of a thorn in the side of Alabama, which Alabamy hates seeing. ANYTHING to keep Alabama down in the S.E.C.... we need to be for this.
    Believe me, Alabama and its fan's worst fears was being beaten by L.S.U. AT HOME... which is exactly what happened!
    That game ruined their day... their Christmas and in essence, their whole season.

If you are an Alabama fan... your whole world revolves around Crrrimson Tiiide Futebaaull. Honestly, what else does one do living in Alabama?
    Many pachyderms woke up with two things:
    a) Hangovers that Sunday morning... and...
    b) That sheer, reality check, waking up that morning that their beloved Tide had been beaten in Tuscaloosa. No cigars were lit that previous day in the stands. And many cigars were sent flying to their trash cans.
    "The Gods of Arrogancy" were knocked off their thrones!
    3. By having L.S.U. in the Western Division, it does not fully impact us regarding going to the SECCG. (Just imaging if we have beaten Georgia?)
    4. We don't want Climpsen to win back to back Nattys.
    And yes, we need to see that silly smile wiped off of Dabo's face. Once people see that Climpsen is mortal... the better percentages we have of finally recruiting the Demarkus Bowman's of the world.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mcogator

mcogator Senior

Nov 22, 2016
    Torrance, CA
    Of course I'm rooting for LSU.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    No, he’s gone. There are still reasons to not like LSU, but that isn’t one of them anymore.

7. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Rooting for LSU, had enough of Clemson already. Especially them poaching our States talent.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    I am ...though I’m not thrilled about it.

I was all in with Clemson against Bama last year for all the obvious reasons. I’m rooting for LSU to win this year for those very same reasons I pulled for Clemson last year.

9. g8rvet

g8rvet Premium Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I have never held ill will to LSU until the hurricane aftermath. But even then I still did not against their program and their fans. Just their POS AD. Their fans are funny, passionate and good SEC fans, with enough success to want it and enough failure for some humility. And they are not Bama.

I am rooting for LSU, but do not think that matters. I actually think they stomp Clemson. If Clemson comes out like they did against tOSU, they will be a long way down at the half.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I just can't root for LSU unless they are playing Alabama or Georgia. But, it doesn't make a ton of sense to me to root against them for this game, either. So, I'll just watch quietly. Now, tonight, I will be yelling loudly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gator_druid

Gator_druid All American

Oct 20, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Agreed. Lesser of two bad options.

if it’s not us it needs to be another SEC team. Except UGA. I will root for any other team. Except FSU.

If it were UGA vs. FSU for the championship I think I would be sick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Luling, Louisiana

Not only that, and I guess I am in the minority here, but a lot of people have short memories about LSU. Didn't their prior scumbag defensive coordinator (Karl Reese) willingly provide game film to Nebraska prior to the Fiesta Bowl, and then brag about how it was his defense supposedly "run to perfection", that helped Nebraska win the title against us? So much for that SEC brethern crap. Sorry, but this Louisiana resident says "Geaux Clemson". #### LSU. If LSU wins, that title NEVER makes it way to Gainesville. I could not care less about how "good" this is perceived to be for the SEC. I know for fact LSU, and other SEC schools were not "rooting" for us in the 90's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. recongator

recongator GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    I’m rooting for them but I feel dirty

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. SewaneeGator

SewaneeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Definitely rooting for LSU. Coach O is a ton of fun and I'm glad he's around. Plus, this is a truly special year for them and I think the championship is a fitting end to this magical run.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

For those rooting against Clemson based on recruiting, I suggest you check the roster at Ohio State and also note that Muschamp has the same number of top 100 recruits from Florida as Dabo.

Dabo is keeping USCjr down, that really helps us a bit.
    LSU on the other hand, we play every year. Why would we want them to get a boost in recruiting?

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. mcorsair15

mcorsair15 GC Legend

Sep 2, 2018
    What is the issue with Dabo? He's a better guy than Saban or Smart, especially in post game interviews. I cannot speak to if this is genuine or not but like how he gives it up to God after each win and talks about his team in such a loving fashion. All Saban does is whine whine whine. I personally am pulling for Clemson because I don't buy into this whole "cheer for your conference" crap. If Florida isn't in the game, I'm not going to root for a team that beat us just to say "we were close to beating them so we're good too". That's like rooting for the guy who stole your girl from you & saying "as long as she's happy, I'm happy" crap.

LSU will lose Burrow and likely will lose that OC to a head coaching gig in the NFL. The guy has clearly demonstrated he can run an offense. LSU will have another 9-10 win season next year with replacing so much talent. Hate to be the guy that has to replace Burrow.

That said, Clemson is not coming down if they lose this game. They'd have to implode like FSU did the last couple years to see significant drop off. Every stud is wanting to go play with Lawrence or the next #1 overall QB that just signed with them this recruiting class. What we need is LSU so that the team that replaces Bama isn't LSU, it's us next year and years on from now. LSU is having one special season, but it will not be replicated next year the way that Clemson and Alabama are set to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

30 straight wins would be amazing too though. What Clemson is doing is historic. The schedule excuse loses momentum if they beat #2 Ohio State and #1 LSU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    They are keeping f$u down as well. And I would argue they do more recruiting damage to uga and UT than they do to us. Ex. Trevor Lawrence was born in Tennessee and played high school ball in Georgia... I believe uga was his #2 choice. So thank goodness for Clemson.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r All American

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    Tired of Clemson more than I'd like to see LSU lose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    I root for any team that I think will have a net positive impact on UF. This means I almost always want SEC teams to win because it sometimes helps the SEC get two teams in the playoff & UF might be one of those. If I thought we could make the top-5, I'd want UGA to lose but since that's probably a remote chance I'll even be yelling for them to win.

• Like Like x 1