Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, May 22, 2020.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Africa is a continent, not a race. So no.

If you are trying to parallel that to Trump’s “shithole countries” comment, you are sadly off base. His reported comment had to do with immigration. I.e refusing people because they are from ”shithole countries”. Yeah, that actually is racist since he was generalizing individual people to their national origin.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I think my statement was correct, as for yours maybe not in as many words but certainly a basis for my statement.

3. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    There are many parallels shithole countries is just one. China Virus would be another.

• Like Like x 1
  4. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Seems a bit harsh general assessment, but since it is your personal opinion, I am willing to accept it. Still wonder why others are so quick to say he would be a bad successor, when he has basically remained in the background.

5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Cuomo was faced with millions of Europeans flying into New York after the virus had spread to Europe. If you choose to blame Cuomo for that, then you also should blame Trump for the 100,000 deaths from the virus and the collapsed economy, which in reality, Trump had a lot more to do with than Cuomo had to do with the misfortune in New York.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Everyone gave that part of the country a pass because of that. Then they heaped praise on Cuomo because he gave a nice press conference in front of the MSM media that fell in love with him. They then forgave him for overstating his needs for beds, ventilators, etc. Now he is catching heat from some for the bad decision on Nursing Facilities. However, most MSM in NYC are still staying soft on him, especially when compared to Georgia and Florida. Unless everything goes to hell because of opening back up, few in middle America will blame Trump for this pandemic, nor his response. Others like yourself, will blame him if it rains tomorrow and ruins whatever you had plans to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I won’t blame Trump if it rains tomorrow, but I will blame him if it rains acid tomorrow because he will be responsible for it. I didn’t have great expectations for Trump when he was elected president, but I hoped that he would surprise me and do a good job. It turned out that he is a serious contender for the worst president of all time. His leadership with respect to this pandemic had been horrific, and it is obvious to most people. Cuomo has been far from perfect, but he has acted like a responsible leader should. He explains what is going on. He relies on the experts. He does his homework. That’s why he is getting nationwide respect.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    No there was no basis. I was giving my personal opinion on the topic, and at no point did I mention hating Christians. That would be a weird view since my entire family along with myself are Christian.

9. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hello
    Cuomo would be a great guest to have over for Sunday dinner. Very good storyteller and conversationalist . As a governor, he is awful. Under his stewardship, NY is almost bankrupt. As he said at a press conference, "we don't have two nickels to rub together." He pressed the feds to send the hospital ship and build out stony brook, the Javits center, and other places with hospital capacity. He didn't use that excess capacity - while at the same time sending covid positive patients back to nursing homes. The disaster and death he caused is simply mind boggling. The usual media gives him a pass because he likes to talk and he has a D in front of his party affiliation.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. gator95

gator95 All American

Apr 3, 2007
    and Cuomo’s decision to send the sick elderly accelerated the deaths. Great job Mario

11. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t think that’s accurate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    It's certainly horrible optics in hindsight but back in March when it started, I believe moving covid patients to nursing homes as a means of keeping hospital capacity available was part of the NYSHD following the CDC's initial directive.

State nursing home directive complicated COVID-19 tracking, care

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. gator95

gator95 All American

Apr 3, 2007
    they should’ve moved them to hotel rooms. Hotels would’ve loved the business. Literally anywhere else would’ve saved lives. No use arguing it. And in March we did know who was more vulnerable to coronavirus

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    I'm not disagreeing, nor am I defending Cuomo, but there was a CDC directive on it and 12 or 13 other states followed it in addition to NY. It's not like he was out there on his own.

Hotels sound like an elegant solution but I don't know enough about the nature and supply of health care workers and health care equipment to know that it was a viable alternative. And I doubt that hotels want the stigma of having dozens of people die in their beds over a 2-3 month period of time before re-opening back up to the healthy general public.

15. gator95

gator95 All American

Apr 3, 2007
    There was discussion of hotels being used for the sick when all the terrible predictions of every bed being used in every hospital across the country.

16. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Sucks Desantis doesn't have better self esteem then.

17. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I figured you would like him. I just prefer candidates who think the end of this world would be a bad thing. If he is gay as he is rumored to be perhaps he is lieing about other things.

18. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    It's that I dont think he sees the end of the world as a bad thing. He also has stated that the bible is more important than the constitution.

19. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    He is getting national respect because he talks coherently and most of the press is based in New York. He should be prosecuted for murder for sending infected people back to nursing homes.

20. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes. He should be prosecuted for murder because he issued an order, in conformity with CDC guidelines, that required nursing homes to take back Covid-19 patients, but only if they could do so safely. Again, only if they could do so safely. Once more, only if they could do so safely. One final time, only if they could do so safely.

• Winner Winner x 1