Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, May 22, 2020.

1. Balbanes

Balbanes All American

Oct 7, 2014
    Yep. Cuomo, DiBlasio, and Pelosi are all guilty for pushing the "business as usual" narrative at first. That was an awful response. Eventually they came to their senses though.

Apparently its going to take a lot more death for Republicans to come to their senses.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    These are college kids we are talking about. I'm not going to argue semantics with you. They came, they played, they took it back to where they actually live. I agree, they left it here too. I'm not sure what the difference is. We shouldn't have allowed spring break to go on. Period.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. surfn1080

surfn1080 GC Legend

Sep 26, 2008
    You literally said he should have locked down sooner which would be critical of him BEFORE lockdowns.

4. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    If the Fla economy rebounds quickly, then certainly deSantis deserves some credit for winning his gamble in keeping most of the state open.

However, where I live people were social distancing in spite of deSantis, which no doubt kept the number of cases down for all of us.

Calling him an all time great? Best case that's premature, worst case thats a cruel joke. He is still responsible for the unemployment system debacle that has increased the suffering of many.

Initially he acted like a leader, accepting responsibility and promising to fix the problem. However, more recently he has followed his mentor in blaming the victim and the media. It's all the unemployed's fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    No, what I LITERALLY said was this.

6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Don’t fall for the clickbait headlines.

DeSantis never said it was the unemployed’s fault. But when you have your bias I guess peddling nonsense like that is par for the course.

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  7. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As an outsider looking in, I would say DeSantis has done and is doing a good job. The positive case per test results is almost half the national average. Georgia has more active cases right now than Florida with half the population.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    OT for this thread, but if you're out and about in Georgia, you'd have little to no idea there's a pandemic going on. They are going to provide some very useful data over the next few weeks.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 1
  9. mjbuf05

mjbuf05 Premium Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Same where I am in NE CFL, except it's been like that for 3 weeks. Still a low case count here with no major increases

• Like Like x 1
  10. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    Quite a few Floridians visit The Daytona Area for Bike Week, as well as many from “up nawth”.

With respect to a rebound in the economy, apparently new boat sales are doing quite well. And, I know that new PWC sales are going crazy and late model used units are selling very quickly; I’m trying to buy one. Dealerships are almost out of 2020 models, mostly the high-end $15K and up are what’s on the showroom floor. Manufacturers have been closed so there will likely be no more 2020s arriving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Yet some how the locals never got it, Volusia county had no post Event spike, check out the graphs. Our big Spike was when they decided to test the jail and found like 150 over a 2 day period. Currently 24 of 37 deaths from nursing homes(mostly one, that same one that refused to allow its staff or patients best tested early on when they had respiratory symptoms.) The remaining 13 like 70% had out of state country travel history.
    Give it time Morgan and Morgan are on the case and the facts will come out it will turn your stomach.

12. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Talked to my folks on the Treasure Coast, they are saying the Real Estate Agents are working over time with showings. Apparently a lot of out of state folks from up North now want to have a home in that area Florida. I’m guessing that it’s the NYC and Connecticut folks that want to have a home in Florida to relocate to in the event of that area having another outbreak.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Thanks for providing click bait. I know what he said to get the whiners to jump all over the fake headline. I will let you research it.

I will be happy to eat my crow and remove my post when you show me the quote from DeSantis that says he blames the unemployed. And no. Saying that if the information was entered correctly during the time period he was discussing that (I think it was) 99% of the people got their money...is not blaming the unemployed. Want to blame the system for crashing because we flattened the economy and dumped millions onto a system never expecting that kind of volume. I would probably agree with some of the issues brought forth. But if people are not willing to understand we just dumped way more people into a system than anyone would have expected in a month then that is just plain partisan. I know there were issues. Some probably should not have happened. But good grief there has to be understanding with regards to the situation.

15. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    So facts equal click bait for you. Typical.
    The Fla state unemployment system debacle has been well documented and your attempt to brush it off is the epitome of partisanship.
    Not wasting any more time here.

16. Tjgators

Tjgators VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The Dems are happy with his decisions since he won. Asking for the resignations of water board was a bipartisan move that made all happy. Chance he may be the guy in 2024. Crazy he almost lost to a criminal. FL still could be a state that goes blue with migration from NE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I am waiting...

Or can you not provide the quote from DeSantis?

You are the one who now lacks credibility. And yes. Because you continue to peddle the untrue headline. I will assume you are not reasonable in understanding what happens when you overload a system. I mean Gator Country never crashed from an influx of traffic...:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I agree. The crazy thing is every New Yorker I meet who has moved down is conservative and big time Trump. Now that is not many in Ocala. Needless to say the guy who pressure washed our building last year was from the Bronx originally. Came to SE Florida before ending up here in Ocala. Stand up guy that works hard. Gave me a Trump $2020 bill after he finished his job LOL!

19. Tjgators

Tjgators VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I played in a Member-Guest in West Palm last year and the accents were 50% Boston/NY. I believe the fleeing from so many blue state taxes will flip FL. Maybe I'm wrong, but the Gillum guy that ran against DeSantis was an awful candidate worst candidate ever and he almost won. Imagine that guy as our governor during this pandemic.

• Like Like x 1
  20. leftcoastgator

leftcoastgator Ambivalent Zealot Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    Mind if I ask a question? What does the Q in your handle signify? Anything significant?

Cheers.