Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ron DeSantis

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, May 22, 2020.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I did not vote for DeSantis in the primary but he is proving to be potentially an All Time Great Governor for Our State of Florida.

You will never agree with every decision. And I was not for the one size fits all shutting down of the entire state he did. From shutting down the state. To not allowing the counties to decide about whether to go back to school. With that said he has been solid handling the hand he has been dealt.

He might have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell some of our friends...:)

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    To add some humor The Bee nailed another one...

“Florida Ruled To Be In Violation Of Science For Not Having More People Die

TALLAHASSEE, FL—While many governors followed Science and shut down their states early and still have stay-at-home orders in place, Florida kept its beaches open through Spring Break and has already begun its reopening plans. Science says Florida should have seen skyrocketing deaths from COVID-19, but instead Florida -- despite its large elderly population -- has not seen anywhere near the number of problems faced by states like New York and New Jersey. This has been ruled to be in complete defiance of Science...”

“We had good Science telling us Florida should have seen massive deaths,” said far right-wing conservative Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin. “And now Florida is undermining our trust in Science by not dying. We cannot tolerate this. More Floridians need to die. To die for Science.”

California Governor and Science believer Gavin Newsom agreed. “Ron DeSantis is a witch! Burn him!” Newsom said about the Florida governor. Experts widely believe DeSantis used something anti-Science -- like black magic -- to violate what Science said should be true....”

Florida Ruled To Be In Violation Of Science For Not Having More People Die

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  3. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    he is no cuomo, that's for sure.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I had him at an A- before the pandemic and a C+ currently.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    LOL! Quality!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Why? He has actually gotten national praise for Florida's handling of this pandemic, why are you downgrading him? If you thought he was doing good before, it doesn't like a left/right issue.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
  7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Saw this the other day...

Shared it with some of my Facebook echo-bot friends, who were blindly lambasting RD, ALL of whom, golly gee surprise surprise, are FB junkies...

(That whole damn...whatever the hell it is...strikes me as gawd forsaken cess pool of horseshit).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Yes, but the canned 'bot line on Facebook (apparently--I don't "FB") is that he sucked!

The narrative was out before the results were even close to in, and many FB junkies didn't bother to adjust for PITA results...LOL!

(kinda' what makes that piece posted by @QGator2414 such a gem!)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    He led from behind at the start. He was a day or two behind on closures when it was obvious they needed to happen. Most major businesses and corporations were already voluntarily taking measures while DeSantis said he was waiting on Trump. His coordination of closing of public places was lackluster. He's been pretty fine since the initial bumbling, imo.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Balbanes

Balbanes All American

Oct 7, 2014
    Had him at about a B pre-pandemic. Was pleasantly surprised. About a D- now.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I don't believe his first statement.

12. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    His one major blemish prior to this was him pushing back at the Amendment 4 felony voting rights. Whether he agreed with it or not the citizens passes it.

It's funny seeing all these people on this thread calling me out. Should I tell them I actually voted for DeSantis or no? Lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    Like TDS, there is DDS and it has nothing to do with dentistry. DDS is more akin to COVID-18, a contagion spread by the media and Internet.

14. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you like Trump, then you like DeSantis.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Are you calling me a liar?

16. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I'm guessing when he pushed back on Amendment 4 it was before the pandemic, and you gave him a A- back then, right? Then you say he was" a day or two late" in closures, are you really serious? If so, I can only assume you demand perfection from everyone else you observe. If so, I would hate to be married to you, no one is that good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    I'm just glad it's not Rick Scott anymore. I'm sure a lot of people applying for unemployment benefits feel the same.

I had him at a B+ beforehand, but that might have been different had I actually lived in FL for any of his tenure. Always read good news about his administration, but flouting the spirit of the Amendment that received over a million more votes than he earned was a slap in the face to voting rights.

I definitely thought he seemed like a buffoon during most of this ordeal. I'll give him a progress report later. There aren't many governors I would give passing grades (Inslee, maybe?), so COVID-19 is not a partisan issue for me.

18. domgator

domgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thank goodness! That guy is a disaster propped up by a dishonest media. They still haven't asked him about his nursing home decision that killed thousands of New Yorkers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Correct on the first part. If it wasnt for the Amend 4 thing I would have had him at an A easily. Again, I voted for the guy, this isn't some partisan thing.

The problem with Covid it is going to be the single biggest event during his governorship, most likely, so it needs to be judged accordingly harsh. The need for closures was so obvious at the time that large, private companies like Disney did it before Desantis said anything. He was reactive instead of proactive when it was patently clear looking around the world what needed to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    One thing DeSantis has accomplished is not issuing statewide orders that the communities that are seeing spread reopen when local governments want to stay closed or restricted. He closed too late, but he didn’t stop The South Florida counties from closing.