Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Jul 10, 2020.
What's the point of being president if you can get your criminal friends off?
Hard to be the "law and order" President when you don't actually believe in law and order and your administration constantly undermines those concepts.
Threatening witnesses is a process crime. And it is OK to lie to Congress. As long as you do it for the GOP.
Nov 3rd Vote
Throw every R out that stands silent in the face of this corrupt presidency
The Republican Party has become a disgrace with how they’ve enabled this national embarrassment
"Attorney General William P. Barr on Thursday defended Stone’s prosecution and prison sentence, telling ABC News in an interview, 'I think the prosecution was righteous and I think the sentence the judge ultimately gave was fair.'"
Gee, I wonder when old Michael Cohen will get his pardon/commutation? Wonder why he hasn’t gotten one already? Most corrupt administration in my lifetime. Crony capitalism, crony appointees, crony justice. trump has to go if we are to preserve the norms of government that were once admired around the world.
I propose a renaming...
The Department of Justice of the Executive Branch of The United States.
Stone and Manafort both fell on the sword and have been amply rewarded. Money laundering, tax evasion, lying to Congress, threatening witnesses, lying to the FBI and Vice President in a national security investigation— all the new normal.
Trump has to pardon Stone now. DC Circuit refused to block the order for Stone to report and Stone knows where the Skeltons are.
Trump and Bill Barr think the Coronavirus pandemic is so bad that Paul Manafort has to be released from federal prison, but your kids have to go to school.
He will commute sentences instead of pardoning so they maintain their 5th amendment rights.
What a freaking (p)wussie! Totally disgusting. MAGA my left... What kind of message does this send to the world? Lie, cheat and steal and your totally cool...if you can... bigly and yugely. Seriously who did not see this coming from a guy like this? 5th grade playground bullies are wimps bottom line. We knew it then, how do we not see it now??????
It’s like The Sopranos if Tony had the power of the pardon.
Out of morbid curiosity, I decided to see how Fox News is reporting this.
A summary of their Article:
- Trump is commuting the "unjust sentence" of stone, who was convicted of unspecified "charges stemming from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation."
-White House says the commutation is "in light of the egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial."
- Continued quote, hitting on "Russia Hoax," "left's attempts to undermine presidency," "no collusion," "farcical investigations"
- Continued quoting "attempt to manufacture the false impression of criminality lurking below the surface"
- "These charges were the product of recklessness borne of frustration and malice,”
- Stone has had a great and admirable career
- Stone was arrested meanly
- Stone would be at risk in prison
- Finally list out the charges, with the caveat that "Stone, however, has appealed his conviction and continues to deny any wrongdoing."
- Stone is appealing and wants a new trial
- President doesn't want to interfere, but has to in light of the "egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial"
- Stone has suffered greatly and was treated unfairly
- Stone is "incredibly honored that President Trump used his awesome and unique power under the Constitution of the United States for this act of mercy”
And it just goes on like that. Not a hint of objectivity. Just shamelessly reciting talking points to make sure their readers know exactly what to think.
Sounds about right and a sad percentage of the country buys it.
Nov 3rd Vote
We need the rule of law back
This, coupled with another one of Barr’s Friday night moves, shows exactly how far we have fallen. Also, another example of White Privilege. So disgusting.