Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Rob Porter, Trump Aide, Resigns After Accusations of Abuse

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Feb 7, 2018.

1. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Only the best people folks. Believe me.

Rob Porter, White House Aide, Resigns After Accusations of Abuse

As the White House staff secretary, Rob Porter is not a public figure, but he is responsible for paper flow to the president, a job of crucial importance in this White House. He frequently travels with President Trump on Air Force One, and he helped write Mr. Trump’s first State of the Union address last month.

But on Wednesday, despite support from John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff, and other West Wing staff aides, Mr. Porter announced his resignation, a day after his two former wives accused him in interviews of physical abuse when they were married to him.

According to her complaint, Mr. Porter left only after Ms. Willoughby had asked him to leave several times. He returned minutes later and “punched in the glass on the door,” trying to get into the apartment. He left the property after she read her name and address aloud to a 911 dispatcher.

Ms. Holderness, Mr. Porter’s first wife, described their relationship as “verbally, emotionally and physically abusive” in an interview with The Daily Mail. In photographs she gave to The Intercept, Ms. Holderness has a blackened right eye and a swollen cheekbone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    The blog post referenced in the article - NSFW language. If she's not lying, then it seems as if it'll be pretty easy to confirm the protective order.

NSFW: http://www.bornebackceaselessly.com/journal/2017/4/24/why-i-stayed

The first time he called me a "******* bitch" was on our honeymoon. (I found out years later he had kicked his first wife on theirs.) A month later he physically prevented me from leaving the house. Less than two months after that, I filed a protective order with the police because he punched in the glass on our front door while I was locked inside. We bought a house to make up for it. Just after our one year anniversary, he pulled me, naked and dripping, from the shower to yell at me.

3. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    And from his second wife

NSFW: 'He pulled me, naked and dripping from the shower to yell at me.

Jennifer Willoughby, the second wife of President Trump's staff secretary Rob Porter has spoken on the record to DailyMail.com about her abusive marriage to the man described as one of the most important players in the Oval Office.

'I want to be very clear when I say this,' Willoughby said. 'I don't want to be married to him. I would not recommend anyone to date him or marry him. But I definitely want him in the White House and the position he is in. I think his integrity and ability to do his job is impeccable. And the majority of the issues he suffers from are very personal and intimate.'

Willoughby said: '[It happened] just after our first anniversary. I cannot remember what the fight was about but I excused myself from the fight in a way that was typical at that time. I certainly was not meek and mild and said, ''I'm not going to fight you anymore'' and stormed off and went to take a shower.

'He was not done fighting with me. It was a glass shower door, he opened it and dragged me by my shoulders out of the shower to yell. Immediately upon seeing my reaction to that, he released me and apologized but it doesn't take away that he was angry enough that that happened.'

4. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    The meetoo movement claims another victim.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    So you think the guy who lost his job because he beat his wives is the victim?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007

His ex-wife.

[​IMG]

Amazingly, he was denied security clearance because the FBI had all this stuff on him from doing their background check. So why the F did he still have this job once he failed his background check? Somebody dropped the ball or was covering for him. Sounds like it was Hope Hicks - possibly Kelly had a role as well. This guy shouldn't have been allowed in his job without passing security clearance.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    I didn't read the article, was it his wife that accused him?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. G8RBorne

G8RBorne Senior

Aug 9, 2008
    RAF Mildenhall, UK
    Both ex-wives. However, can’t support that. Time will tell as always.

9. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information Under budget & ahead of schedule Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mar-A-Lago
    This story is way more important than Uranium1 or the FBI treason thingy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

Only the best indeed!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. G8RBorne

G8RBorne Senior

Aug 9, 2008
    RAF Mildenhall, UK
    This is the type of shit people hate. All, but one line with each person states “accused.” But yeah, innocent until proven guilty and stuff.

12. Minister_of_Information

Apr 3, 2007
    Mar-A-Lago
    What do you call an attempt to fix a presidential election, followed by an attempt to remove a duly elected President from office on fabricated grounds?

I'll give you a hint: it rhymes with season.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    /\ great. Go start a thread about it. This thread is about porter and his abuse of women.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Why haven’t you ever had this response to the countless threads about random “crazed” lefties?

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Minister_of_Information

Apr 3, 2007
    Mar-A-Lago
    Does it strike you as strange when stories like this get tremendous coverage in the MSM while the Uranium 1 insider's testimony about pay for play with the CF, the Grassley memo that buttresses the Nunez memo and opens up the state department's role in ginning up the Steele dossier, and the interim report with new text messages between Strzok and Page potentially implicating Obama are barely discussed by the DNC's media whores?

16. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    It’s impressive these women spoke up. Knowing the avalanche of viterol headed their way from the far right wing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/white-house-knew-porter-abuse-allegations

18. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Honestly, i have no feeling on how much one should pay attention to the uranium 1 story. Clearly, Breitbart and CNN will disagree on that one.

As for the Porter story, it looks like CNN has it below the budget agreement, a deportation story, 5 things you need to know today (featuring something about NK), and Trump speaking at a player breakfast. Does that sound like tremendous coverage to you?

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    BBC has it on the top of their feed, right next to US forces repeal Syrian attack.

Guy didn't even have a security clearance? Seems odd.