Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Richardson to play (or start) next week???

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ShadowCat, Sep 4, 2021.

1. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    He did the exact same thing with Toney. CDM has 3 games to let EJ see for himself that he is not the best option and has been given every opportunity. By the end of Saturday he will have either proved CDM wrong or he won’t be able to make any excuses why he isn’t #1. Pretty good strategy by CDM if you ask me and he sacrifices nothing doing it other than pissing off a few people that think they know everything and don’t matter anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    A strained calf? He was grabbing at his hamstring. Either way, he has a spare calf! Suit up!

just kidding. If he’s even slightly injured I say let him rest. Beating bama is a nice to have, not a must have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    I don't know, while what you are saying has some merit, Mullen has a great track record producing top college and NFL QB's so I am going to defer to him how he manages this. People complain about his handling of Trask but the Dude couldn't be happier because of where he is now and I am equally happy for him! EJ has waited out his turn to be the guy after Trask did the same. I think you give your QB the benefit of the doubt as long as playing him doesn't cost you the game.

EJ and AR understand that. This will all work out. Most likely AR will not be the starter next weekend since he is injured. It's a shame that he might not even get to play vs Bama. But, when healthy, I am sure AR will play more and more as long as EJ keeps struggling.

With a healthy AR we may have a shot at beating Bama, if he can't play our odds drop considerably unless EJ's lights go on this week. No matter what, it isn't a game we were going to likely win anyhow. A loss against Bama won't end our season by itself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cyberdyne

cyberdyne Junior

Sep 8, 2007
    Great post! I hated EJ coming in for Trask last year, but could you imagine AR coming in once in awhile for Trask last year!?! The Leak/Tebow comparisons would be very justified! People try to use that comparison for EJ/AR and its just laughable. Will be interesting to see what the SEC network crew has to say on Saturday.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    I guess I’m just a bad guy, because I say if you are just slightly injured get your butt out on that field. If you’re really hurt, then no, but if it’s just some slight thing that’s not going to get worse unless you are unlucky, then play.

I admittedly have a player’s mentality, though. Might not be the smartest way to go about it.

6. cyberdyne

cyberdyne Junior

Sep 8, 2007
    I say dont play AR against bama. Let’s give EJ his moment, good or bad, and lets keep our 4th Heisman trophy (first black one) winner healthy for the rest of the season.

7. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    Well he does lose something. Our chances at a W go way down. Which then means we have to win out

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Mullen has coached up some great quarterbacks. He knows what he's doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. KendallGator922

KendallGator922 GC Hall of Fame

Mar 27, 2015
    We are going to have to win out either way. This Alabama game does not mean a much as you think. Georgia will run the table so the only way we win the East is by beating them. If we have 1 loss to Alabama and they have 1 loss to us, we go. There is no way a team that loses to Alabama in week 3, wins out, and then beats Alabama does not make the playoffs. In fact, it may be harder to beat Bama twice because poking the bear is not always a good idea. I want to win every game, but we need a healthy AR to win games AFTER this weekend.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    2 tds, 4 picks against lesser competition while averaging 5 yards a pass? That's the definition of horrible.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    How is that different. You have to win out regardless of whether we win Saturday or not to win the East

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    Very true. At least now, if AR is a no go for several weeks you don’t have EJ with an attitude feeling like he wasn’t given a fair chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. royalewitcheesee

royalewitcheesee GC Legend

Nov 20, 2016
    And that's in 49 pass attempts, so every time he throws there's almost a 10% chance it's getting intercepted.

14. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Ehh u could see bits and pieces in 1-2 of the games where he replaced franks the year before absolutely. I’m sure if u looked back and looked at the times there were plenty of folks that said that. Matter of fact it was a fair number on here that thought that way.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    If we beat Bama then we can lose to LSU or FSU (lol).

And most likely we can lose to UK as well (they will have more than 1 SEC loss). The only game that is must win whether Bama is a W or L is UGA

16. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    I don't think people could predict Trask would end up being as elite as he was. You would have had to see him play under duress to see the speed of his decision making. But I know I for one had predicted before the 2019 season that : They would have packages for EJ each game, but if Franks went down Trask would be the starter. That was at a time when many here thought EJ should have been the starter ahead of Franks going into the year. I personally had been wanting to see Trask get some reps for years. He flashed some things in his first spring game that had piqued my interest.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    AR looks ready to me. What if AR is the starter and he’s just trying to get EJ some reps to get him ready. Think NFL preseason.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Even in the small amount of reps u saw him have u could see he had anticipation. Top 1 or 2 qb traits to have imo. Backs it’s vision , qbs gotta see what’s not there yet and be able to put the ball there

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    I think this is more true than people want to believe. He just hasn’t told EJ yet. He is letting EJ hang himself with the end result being no different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    That and when he throws a ball on time. Get's to the top of drop and bang the ball comes out. It just looks like he knows what he's doing. Instead of that get to the top of drop and head is swiveling around. Got that what do I do, what do I do look to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1