Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Richardson to play (or start) next week???

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ShadowCat, Sep 4, 2021.

1. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    What strengths are you talking about?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    Again…tell me why….if your AR and your not getting playing time you stay at UF? Hope I’m wrong. This isn’t Emory sitting being Trask. This is the back up who has shown to be significantly better than the starter getting so little playing time. Part of which is because he houses the ball everytime he gets on the field.

3. melrosemafia

melrosemafia Premium Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Tebow thru well in college my favorite gator ever. I think Richardson can be as good a passer maybe better. Not puting Tebow down at all but this young man could be special.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    He's had a lot of playing time so far and he'll likely get more, so I see no reason to bother with this speculation at this point.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I think I figured out why Mullen is starting EJ and bringing in AR as a change of pace. Remember when you were younger playing basketball with your little brother? You’d school him and talk trash. Then your dad tags in and destroys you and puts you in your place. Yes, AR is your daddy!

6. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    So leading by example using your performance on the field, or saying the right things on/off the field and underperforming on the field. I wonder which of those is better for the team? I would take a player that leads by example with their play on the field over an “alpha leader” who shits the bed on the field. Talk is very cheap, and it is easier to teach leadership than it is to teach decision making and “processing speed” for a qb. A qb either has the later or they do not.

I don’t care how much of an alpha “leader” you may be, your play on the field talks the loudest, and if you can’t back up your talk by playing well, then next man up, like Mullen is so fond of saying. Yet no matter how poorly Franks performed on the field, it took Mullen 6 games to say next man up. Then that next man up solidly outperformed Franks when finally given his shot one year later.

There were several people on this board who saw Trask as a better qb than Franks at that time. Then we got to watch Franks struggle over and over for the next 6 games and watch Mullen keep trotting him out no matter how badly he underperformed, instead of giving Trask an opportunity. It took a mammoth collapse by Franks in game 6 for Mullen to even consider giving Trask a shot.

So forgive me if I have little faith in Mullen’s decision making in certain situations. Top that off with the defense last year and Mullen making excuses and saying it’s not that bad and it’s the offense’s fault we lost games. Don’t treat us fans like morons and then wonder why we aren’t happy with the way things are.

Mullen may have a “process”, but a leader needs to be flexible and not stubbornly stick to that “process” when something unplanned happens. I am sure Mullen didn’t expect EJ to be so ineffective and AR to be so effective, but that is what happened, so he needs to adjust his plan and do it sooner, not later. That is the difference between a Saban-type coach and a Muschamp-type coach, which is the ability to change what you are doing when it is obvious that a change needs to be made.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    His tendencies to score TDs?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

Perspective:

We lost with ZERO DEFENSE.. Trask, Pitts, and Toney did their part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steveGator52

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    What does EJ do better than AR????? Throw interceptions? If you can’t find a positive answer to that question, then you have your answer, which is give AR the ball and let EJ back him up. Because EJ brings nothing to the field that AR doesn’t, and AR does it better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. MyakkaGator

How do we know he really injured a hammy... I thought it was interesting when grabbed the back of his leg AFTER he was in the end zone..

Perhaps some "gamesmanship??"

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. MyakkaGator

Perhaps some "gamesmanship?"

I thought it was interesting he grabbed after he was in the end zone

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    That would be good rope a doping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MyakkaGator

Noticed how to jog off the field but his teammates were holding him back?

I've pulled hammys in baseball career and I NEVER wanted to jog when it was pulled

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Hmm let me watch that replay.

15. steveGator52

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    I know that is illegal in the NFL to hide injury information, but with gambling being what it is now in college football, are there rules about how injury information is handled? Not necessarily in this situation, but it seems easy to use such insider information for gambling purposes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I’m not sure there are any rules as we rarely know who’s playing or not…especially with this COVID thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    D2 R2 is a recovery protocol
    Desensitize
    Decongest
    Reperfuse
    Restore

BFR stands for blood flow restriction. You create a temporary bfr to an injury. This allows you to perform a movement that feels like you are performing at 70/80 percent loads. Ex: a 20 pound hamstring curl feels like 100 lbs. Allows you to train injuries at lighter loads but gives you a heavy load stimulus on the tissue. Once blood flow is restored, it saturates the tissue and kicks in the anabolic healing effect quicker. Faster healing, faster growth.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. steveGator52

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    I just see a potential for gambling shenanigans with this type of information, especially when gambling against the spread. Since gambling is now mostly legalized and widespread, this needs to be addressed and standardized like in the NFL. I realize there are HIPPA concerns to consider, but this is a can of worms with all the gambling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 1975Gator

1975Gator GC Legend

Jan 5, 2012
    Umm.. because we just played the second game of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bazza

Bazza Premium Member

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    So you agree with me - we should use both quarterbacks?

• Agree Agree x 1