Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Retribution

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, May 31, 2024.

1. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Oh no! The criminal organization known as the Republican party will now start to investigate Democrats?!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    As are others. The difference is that the others have law and order on their side. You have supposition at best. No need to get into the worst of what you've got, as it's been transparent. Good luck with your crusade. It will be a tough trip.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    A jury of 160 million people will make a decision in November.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
  4. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    That's called an election. Where a huge amount of people appear certain to vote for the adulterous felon rapist.

The trial is a different thing, you may have noticed. Where your hero was found to be a felon on 34 counts. You must be proud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Id say you're one generation off or simply reflecting personal experience.

You're referencing the leave it to beaver days when Mom stayed home. I'm a boomer dad and know plenty others. All of us were far more involved with our kids than our dads were.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

In the UK, our flirt with populist politics is thankfully about to come to an end.

The only thing that saved us was the rule of law, when Boris Johnson (and later Truss/Rishi) tried to subvert it to get their own way on issues around Brexit and our immigration plans involving Rwanda. I am unbelievably grateful that nobody - our PM included - is above the rule of law and frankly, I feel every citizen should feel the same - whether it's someone they support or not. The same will apply to Starmer and Labour in a few weeks time.

Once RoL is bypassed, there's literally no checks or balances left. It may be frustrating but it's there to deal in facts, not fantasy. It's the only antidote to populist politics and I'd be very wary of anyone's motives for pushing back on it...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let us reference a bit of Brit history:

“William Roper: “So, now you give the Devil [i.e. Donald Trump] the benefit of law!”

Sir Thomas More: “Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?”

William Roper: “Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!”

Sir Thomas More: “Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!”
    ― Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons: A Play in Two Acts

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Roger Stone:
    https://www.mediamatters.org/roger-...ents-will-be-arrested-if-he-becomes-president

10. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
  11. chuikov

chuikov VIP Member

Jan 2, 2021
    That is what I am talking about Martial Law. We need some of that their law to infuse some fun as summer begins. Let’s gitter done baby before the lootin begins.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  12. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    The G.O.P. Push for Post-Verdict Payback: ‘Fight Fire With Fire’

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007

14. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Yes, we know you'd love to cancel elections. Trump might win and that's a threat to democracy. So, let's just cancel the election. Maybe no one will notice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Anyone in power who is actively pursuing anything criminally right now against Donald Trump, having known he has been leading the polls to become the next POTUS for months, deserves whatever they have coming to them. Not because I want that or because it's right, but because they were dumb enough to put themselves in that position in the first place.

On the other hand, this is the same Trump that said "if I had been president, she would be in jail" and did a complete 180 on Election night 2016. He says this shit for his base. They all says things all the time they have no intent on seeing through. It's called politics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    https://www.thisamericanlife.org/833/come-retribution

Prologue
    Donald Trump has talked about taking revenge on his enemies since the early days of his 2024 presidential campaign. Ira Glass talks to reporter Jonathan Karl about how Trump has placed retribution at the center of his run and what we know about how he’s thinking about it. (16 minutes)

Republicans Who Crossed Trump
    Reporter Alix Spiegel talks to two people with good reason to fear a second Trump administration. Former White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham spent six years with the Trumps but resigned after January 6th and wrote a scathing tell-all book about her experience. Fred Wellman worked for The Lincoln Project - a group of high-profile Republicans who pledged to keep Trump out of office during the 2020 campaign. (22 minutes)

The Deep Stater
    Alex Vindman became the face of the first Trump impeachment after he reported to his superiors that Trump had asked the President of Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden, the son of his political opponent. At the time, Vindman believed that his Congressional testimony would not jeopardize him; now, he and his wife Rachel are having second thoughts. (14 minutes)

Four More Years
    After hearing from people who dread a possible second Trump term, we hear from those who are excited about it. Reporter Zoe Chace checks into whether his supporters are excited for retribution. (7 minutes)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Thanks for posting. This American Life is always engrossing and this one especially so.

18. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Bill sure showed us he was much better at being a President than Diaper Don.

• Agree Agree x 1