Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Regardless, we will always have Auburn

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 95Gator, Oct 9, 2019.

1. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Sometimes it takes reflection, others it doesn’t.

I think when Perine broke that 88 yarder for the longest TD in 68 years on the ground breaking ES’s longest since between then, everyone knew it was a seminal night for our club.

Gators are a force that won’t be going away soon.

Win, lose or draw on Saturday, the AU game was a game for the books. One we will tell our kids about and possibly them their’s.

That game is why I watch football. The rest of the season is gravy and that’s not loser talk, that’s reality. I believe we can win any game on any day with CDM and Grantham. I hope we give TG a LOT of money, because they will be coming after him soon. His scheme is not a gimmick, it works, well. We are turning average players into greats and greats into early first rounders. He’s relentless and scares offenses.

Basically what I’m saying is thank God for last week and nothing going forward will take it away. Our present is strong, our future is stronger. When CDM gets his Prescott or Tebow (quite good recruiting tools (to say “my last two QBs both threw winning NFL playoff passes” is quite a statement) we will be redefining the SEC. Mark my words, in a decade, it’s quite possible, CDM will be a legend among legends and people who follow coaches will agree that I’m going back to his whole career, not the last 10 games we won. Yeah, 10 straight games cutting through the SEC and a bowl game. Nothing to scoff at. I’m thinking of putting my mortgage against a double digit spread. Chalk that up to an ill informed public. As many know, the spread is derived simply to get equal bets on both sides.

If we lose, and we very well may, it won’t be double degits unless happenstance to try and win intervenes.

Point is,”We will always have last week”.

Perine run is a Johnson to Quezzie against FSU, a Hilliard stop and go in 96, a Brown 6 sack game at Tenn, a DW to Doering at UK. Folklore. Those that were there are lucky people. Should have gone. I’ll be at Death Valley, I think.

Enjoy:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    • Like x 11
    • Winner x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    In a very short time, this coaching staff has given us signature victories over Auburn, FSU, Michigan, TN, MSU, and LSU. I can't complain one bit. But, I do anticipate more wins this season to go along with the Auburn victory. Only lacking breakthroughs against Georgia and Missouri.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    For sure, but there was some intangible thing that made the AU game more than just the win. Can’t tell you why and maybe it’s just me but I felt it was a corner turn for the general of our ballclub.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    We may win and we may lose on Saturday. It will be a close very tough game. What I do know is win or lose, LSU will be passing around the sports cream and ibuprofen on Sunday morning.

I think we have a very legitimate shot at winning this game. I didn’t think that at the beginning of the season honestly.

If we can manage our communication on the field in that environment, eliminate turnovers, and not beat ourselves with stupid penalties, I think we win.

They haven’t faced a defense even close to ours and they have their share of warts. Time to get jacked and punish Louisiana State Community College!

GO GATORS!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. surfn1080

surfn1080 GC Legend

Sep 26, 2008
    I love it and agree. We owed Auburn an L after the last three matchups.

I wouldn’t be upset if we lose to LSU. That’s a tough matchup in Death Valley at 8 PM...

With that said, we need to whip them puppies!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I definitely agree that the AU game was somehow more than just a normal win feeling. I did also feel that way about LSU and FSU last year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Es’s run was 96 yards. And it was pretty amazing. I was there for that one in the south stands along the sideline he ran down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yep, need to beat the dawgs and get that damned mizzou monkey off our back.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    And Michigan

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Something about people calling the Lsu game a toss up really gets me. It is not a toss up! The Gators are going to own that field on Satutday night! I cant explain it but this is really going to be a game the nation will be talking about next week.
    This team got a taste of the real deal last week and trust me...nothing lsu can do will stop the Gators. Go Gators! RESPECT!

• Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  11. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Win or lose Saturday, we still have the SECE champs as a goal within our control. We lose to LSU, so be it. But we can win the east with games left over UGa, Mizzou, USCe and Vandy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Too true. It’s funny how LSU was rooting for us last week I would imagine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    Whoah! Emmitt ain't over 80 years old! That happened '88 or '89 I would think, not 68 years ago, not '51!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    All of last week was epic. Even had our QB go down and return strong. HBO said we're awesome. I haven't seen things come together like this since Tebow announced.

This year's team hasn't peaked yet. They are starting to believe.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    This has been a great week for me. I was at the game Saturday and had the time of my life. I live about 50 miles from Barnville and have really enjoyed wearing my Gator gear. It's funny-all the Barner flags have disappeared.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stp_gator

stp_gator Junior

Nov 16, 2017
    St. Pete
    We’re talking about wins that make a statement to the SEC and the nation. Those kinds of wins were few and far between around here for far too long, but Coach Mullen has changed the culture and racked up several statement wins in a short time.

I like our chances on Saturday and I’m confident that Mullen and Grantham can devise a game plan that will give us a great shot at winning this game. Even if we don’t come out of LA with a win, we will still control our destiny and can play the Dogs with a ticket to Atlanta on the line. The future is very bright, Gators!

17. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    While that win was more than just a win (see Vandy, UK, scUM), it was not a trans-generational win like Kerwin/AU, Doering’s got a TD, etc. It was like last years MSU or LSU wins, nothing more.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    FSU, Michigan and Tennessee were not signature wins. FSU and UT were garbage and too many Michigan players had checked out. Beating Missouri won’t be a breakthrough because we should beat them. They are an albatross.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. gatorcloud

gatorcloud GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Lol nobody roots for us. We are the most hated team in the SEC and it ain’t close. Bama though is getting there

• Agree Agree x 1