Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Recruiting the 2023 football class.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by cubangator, Feb 23, 2022.

1. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Why host some of these kids on a Thursday? Seems like sort of a weird time to do a recruiting visit -- middle of the week, not a ton going on.

That's a genuine question, by the way, not a criticism posing as one -- I'm interested in the thought process here. Is it just a matter of fitting recruits in when they're free? Spring break for some of these kids? A good time for the coaching staff because they don't have a lot going on with the current team?

• Like Like x 1
  2. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    The Gators have the 2023 top 3 CBs in the class visiting the same time March 19, #1 McClain, #2 Harris and #3 Mitchell. Georgia's DL Zavion Hardy already feels a Bond with Gator coaches. Louisiana 4* LB Tacket Curtis # 84 in the 2023 class is someone who the Gators staff visited back in January. Tacket's father is one very well known by Napier's staff. One more note 4* Edge rusher the #101 of the 2023 class is someone who the former staff recruited and the new one is very interested in and want to get him on campus sometimes this off season.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    Ad a couple more name to the group who will be visiting UF March 18, 6-4 300 OL Roderick Kearney will be visiting, by the way the Gators made Kearney's top 12 cut. Also visiting on March 18 is 4* LB Raylen Wilson, Wilson the #75 for the 2023 class committed to Michigan last year, but is still keeping the lines of communication open with the Gator's staff.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Saw the same thing on rivals. Don't know how that Newberg guy has a job there. I can cb anyone with 50% success on predictions. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    They have 27 prospects coming in for a four day weekend. My thinking is that it's best to spread them out over each day to give them more individual attention. Might not be much going on that Thursday but the strategy with the new staff might be less about entertainment and more about developing relationships.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I also imagine some of these kids are coming during their spring breaks if a week day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. bperkins10

bperkins10 GC Legend

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Just a thought, but some of these kids are coming on unofficial visits and maybe it is cheaper for them to come during the week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    Former FSU recruit 4* DL Gabriel Harris has visited UF several times before with the old regime, but its looking to again for the new staff this off season. 4* CB DiJon Johnson the #213 player of 2023 class is another player that the Napier staff its looking at hard. Kayden McDonald a 4* DT and the #224 player in the 2023 class will be visiting the Gators in April. No official visit has been set for 4* DT kelby Collins the #150 player of the 2023 class.

9. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    Gator's coaches Jay Bateman and Toney has a good relationship with Georgia's Inside LB C.J. Allen, according to the 4* Allen, they talk every other day. Allen its one of several recruits that Bateman has already begun to form a relationship with on behalf of the Gators. Bateman as well as Toney are fans of Allen athletic ability, his speed, just being able to run, a LB this day and age has gotta able to run. Currently UF is the only school Allen has plans to visit during the Spring.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What's up with all this activity and interest in UF, did we get a new staff or something?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Why and what will fix that? Someone asked which coach or coaches are responsible for those areas. We certainly hope that we don't hear later in the year "florida just started recruiting me".

12. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Your comment relates to our lack of activity in So Fla? I wonder if it's too daunting at the moment for the staff, still trying to get around and process the state?

13. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    But not for scUM ?

14. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    i don't believe its lack of interest, well i hope not, just for whatever the reason Napier has hired his strongest recruiters in other areas, could it be fix, lol, of course by hiring stronger recruiters with stronger ties to South Fla.

15. gatorfan5220

gatorfan5220 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sounding more and more like Mullen and staff were lazy shits.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    4* RB Treyaun Webb said that he almost committed to UF during his vist this week. 4* S Joenel Aguero who hasn't visited UF yet (but who will viist the Gators latter in March) has UF in his top 7. Napier staff its showing a strong interest of Georgia's DB Jalon Kilgore to the point that they consider the 6-2 195 a asset and has spend a lot of time talking with co-defense coordinator Patrick Toney. Toney like his height, length and athleticism.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    That's great news. I knew UF was now in his top two. Had no idea he was in a mindset to commit and shut things down.

18. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    The Gators offered this last Tuesday to Atlanta's 4* OT Monroe Freeling. The 6-7 285 has a high level of athleticism and foot quickness, a dual sports athlete that also could play basketball at the college level, has strong hands and polished technique. Freeling who was born in Oregon has a strong list of schools interested headed by Oregon, Stanford, USC, Alabama, Michigan, UM and Kentucky, however he has indicated that he is also has interest in UF.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. agrigatorspyv

agrigatorspyv Senior

Sep 23, 2018
    Deland, Fl
    Thanks @cubangator
    I appreciate you carrying the news in this seeming lull in college football action.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    The real difference is the new guys know when it's recruiting season.......

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1