Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Recruiting Strategy going Forward

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Gatorhead, Nov 4, 2021.

1. gator10

gator10 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    My son also goes to UF. He has gotten pretty apathetic about the football team. It’s sad to see. I think he would be really into it if we were better. He’s more into the academic side though definitely. Admittedly UF wasn’t his first choice but economics kind of determined where he went to college.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    It is a fallacy UF either has to be a great football school or a great academic institution.

UF should strive to be both because if not, then why have sports?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Senior

Apr 12, 2007
    A big new contract with Learfield/IMG wouldn’t hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Get the best of the available ugly.

5. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    I'm glad you posted the "Condensed" version of this! ;)
    Good work though..

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    No rule that says a swinging dick can’t come in and flip some dudes too. There’s still a few weeks.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 6:18 PM
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gator_annarbor

gator_annarbor Junior

Nov 9, 2019
    this is wrong on so many levels I don’t know what to say. Some of the most regular attendees of football games as students were kids who didn’t know what football was as kids. They follow the game/gators after graduation. Being Florida born has no correlation with supporting gators IMO.

8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There will be some solid guys unsigned ESD for sure.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 7:37 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. username

username GC Legend

Aug 17, 2017
    Yeah our new coach has to get a good relationship going with IMG coaches ASAP

• Like Like x 1
  10. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    this dude Caw over on 247 said it best; on the off the field admin staff, hire a few IMG front office people to build that relationship

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SwampBrody

SwampBrody All American

Nov 13, 2008
    Adam Putnam as fundraising coordinator!

12. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Read where Napiere has about 23 off field admin staff at UL! His budget can't afford that many but he believes it's so important that he uses volunteers to flesh out his staff there.

13. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    this the THEE very reason im going to be lying all off season that we’re gonna have a top 5 class in 2023 lol bc of things like that Napier does when it comes to recruiting

14. Instigator22

Instigator22 Freshman

Nov 10, 2014
    I stole this from a Facebook message board but THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED BY NEW STAFF IMMEDIATELY

My brother sent me this from a guy who's son is being recruited by UF and Georgia. It seems pretty clear that recruiting was not a priority under Mullen. It's no wonder Georgia is blowing us away in recruiting.

friend sent his detailing Georgia recruiting vs. UF recruiting

My son had an unofficial visit today at UGA. He visited UF for the Tennessee game.
    Here are my thoughts (as a Gator fan, shedding light on the differences)...stream of consciousness: UGA has a designated parking spot for recruits and busses that shuttle the players and their families to the stadium. Some of the higher priority recruits had Escalade SUVs waiting for them with their names on them. We were on the bus. I don't recall if UF had a designated parking spot for recruits with a shuttle because we used my friend's parking spot in the O'Dome lot. �The pre-game visitor room is MASSIVE with tons of TVs, PlayStations, etc. At least 4x bigger than the room at UF (which was very crowded when we were there). The UGA room is very modern. At UF, they had some very old local DJ who I could have mistaken for Pat Dooley. The UF room has TVs too, but the space at UGA was way nicer. Also, no lame old white dude trying to raise the energy in the room by playing Earth Wind and Fire. �UGA had Chic-ail-A boxes for everyone as soon as you walked in with everything you could ever want for breakfast (minis, chicken biscuits, sausage egg and cheese, bacon egg and cheese, etc, etc). You could take whatever you wanted. The UF game had basic hamburgers, hotdogs, mac n cheese before the game (but it was a later game). �At UF, you sit wherever you want inside the room. At UGA, each recruiting coach has assigned tables. My son is being recruited by the RB coach, Coch McGee...so we sat at one of his tables. �At UF, some coaches come in and walk around and talk to certain players, but it's pretty random. At UGA, the coaches come to their tables to meet all of their kids. �Coach McGee met my son then called over Coach Hankton (WR coach) to meet with him. None of the coaches came up to my son at UF. Coach Hankton talked to my son for several minutes. �At UF, the recruits sit in the south end zone at ground level on a few sets of bleachers..no assigned seats. At UGA, there is a section of chairback seats in the end zone (there are red seats for unofficial and black for official visitors). So, at UF you can't see shit and you're sitting in old ass metal bleacher seats. At UGA you're up in the end zone just over their tunnel with chairback seats. �At half-time UGA had a local BBQ restaurant catering the meal...it was VERY good. Some incredible fried chicken. At UF, they had hot dogs and popcorn. I think that about sums it up

15. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    "No lame old white dude"

Lost me right there. Go pee on a hydrant. Jackass.

16. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    The University of Alabama has over 60% of their students from out of state. Florida is closer to 90%. But somehow this ridiculousness continues. Not sure if it is just ignorance or xenophobia?

17. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    I feel sorry for you and your family. Could be worse, you could have been a Nole.