Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Recruiting down south for the Orange Bowl

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by twodaparty, Dec 9, 2019.

1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m excited we got the Orange Bowl for recruiting purposes alone. Who cares who we play it’s a meaningless game anyway just as the sugar bowl would have been. We now get the exposure in a recruiting hotbed with both scUM and f$u under our foot. The week of practice down there I say get every stud they can to come out and watch, hang with the players etc. Trust me Mullen wanted the Orange Bowl over the sugar just for this reason. Will we get any scoop on recruiting in south Florida the week we go down? I would think and hope Wingo will go check it out and bring / recruit others with him for that good guys.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Legend

Jun 13, 2017
    I agree with everything except the meaningless part. It’s a chance for CDM to better the annual record and all south Florida recruiting eyes will be on that game. Need a good showing and rotate in the young players to show onlookers what they could be doing in 12 months.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That may be the best case I’ve heard made for expanding the playoffs. If the games are/become meaningless, the payouts will wither away. Money would expand it for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Winning this game matters, it's not meaningless. And it's a great way to showcase our team, the bigger we win the better it is.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SewaneeGator

SewaneeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    They put on the uniform, keep score, and it goes on the final record. I disagree that bowl games are meaningless.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    It's why I really wanted the orange bowl and not the cotton, we need to own the state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    Yep. If we go down there and get our asses handed to us, im sure all the this game is meaningless folks will be the first in line to say it doesn't matter the game was meaningless. Yeah right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    The game mean a lot !! Not meaningless. Come on , ur better than that!