Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Recap for week ending on 5/24/20

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, May 25, 2020.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    The Good :
    Pretty good week over all. Let's get started, Stuart Reese commits to UF.
    Diwuan Black and Deyavie Hammond added to the 21 class.
    Charles Montgomery Commits to UF.
    UF now stands at 16 commits for 2021.

Virtual visit include the following: WR Malcolm Johnson ( who is trending UF) , fsu commit OL Jake Slaughter, UF Commit Clinton Burton, 5* OL Tristian Leigh, Christian Leary, Trevion Cooley, Terrion Arnold who rated his VV a 10. Jeremiah Williams, Jordan Young ( a name to watch), DE Jeremiah Williams (6-3, 224, Birmingham, AL. Ramsay) Xavian Sorey takes a visit also and I'm told it went well.

Included: Leonard Taylor includes UF in his top 5, Langston drop a edit with UF as the favorite, Gators make the cut for former commit Brayshard Smith, JUCO DB Khyree Jacksonr received a UF offer. Desmond Watosn includes UF in his top 5 of which UF is the favorite. And an post from Langston that is pro UF.

In addition the staff is working the 22 class as Cyrus Moss a LB was offered, Nicco Marchiol (6-2, 216, Chandler, AZ. Hamilton) and Jacurri Brown (6-4, 205, Valdosta, GA. Lowndes) were given virtual visits also, (Brown is the one I would watch) 2022 RB George Petteway gets a UF offer, as does 22 RB Raleek Brown (5-9, 170, Santa Ana, CA. Mater Dei) , 2022 offensive lineman Emery Jones picks up an offer,.

The Bad: Not much this week. Leonard Manuel may not be admitted to UF. Caleb Johnson committed to Auburn, might seem like last weeks news I'm not sure. I'm told this recruitment might not be over but if continued progress with other OL, it want matter.

The Ugly:Nothing I can put a finger on. The staff seems to be moving on to 2022 and 2023 and that is pretty, not ugly.

• Like Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Thanks Candy.

We’d take Johnson right now but Oklahoma really will be tough.

Slaughter is a solid chance for a flip.

3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea we'd take Johnson RIGHT NOW if he wanted in. Going to be interesting to see what he and Leary does and who ends up where

4. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Great point, as both probably won’t go to OU.

5. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    At least with Leary, I just cant understand how from a selling standpoint you convince a Florida boy, that Norman, OK is a better place academically and/or seasonally than Gainesville, FL. I drove out there for a 2 week training around late January through early February several years ago. It was bitter cold and the wind was constantly blowing at 20-30 mph. I drove by the campus and stadium and the one thing I noticed right away was how high up the nose bleed seat were at the stadium........to say nothing about his family not going to be in a position to see him play week in and week out, while he's there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    All about the potential numbers he could put up in that offense

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    APK and r0r,

good points by both of you. While I agree about location, weather, etc the numbers that a kid like him could put up could be video game like. Riley is a master on the offensive side and seems to find a way to absolutely highlight 2 kids each year.
    I like our offense much better as it is more well rounded w regards to spreading the ball around.

btw agree about the weather.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, ultimately I don't think he goes to OU, but that Riley offense is certainly appealing.
    Kids typically don't see the negative on the weather, in fact if anything they are drawn to something different from what they are used to....even if it has drawbacks. My son thought going to NC for college baseball was great, until he had to take batting practice in 20 degree weather.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. crescent_beach

crescent_beach Junior

Sep 25, 2016
    In addition to the reasons already mentioned... let’s just say OU is closer to Alabama, Auburn, and UGA in terms of recruiting enhancement$ than we are.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Kids love trophies , start winning big shiny & pretty trophies and recruits will fall like raindrops into Gainesville

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. BTEGator

BTEGator GC Hall of Fame

May 24, 2007
    Why can't Manuel get into UF? Thought they waived college entrance exam tests for this year?

Thought his grades were ok now.

13. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Man cause they aren't ok lol. He's already visited UF and Ole Miss & HE claims he's good but still haven't inked anywhere? Def means more work to be done. Arjei Hendo part 2.

14. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    We're running out of scholarships. Based on a 247 article, we'll have 22-25 scholarships available for the 2021 class...and already have 16 commits.

Yeah ... we only have 6-9 more 'ships.

There are five "strong leans" :: Burke, Langston, Watson, Marshall and Taylor.
    (lets say we get four of these)

We need two safeties :: Collier, Harvey or Arnold would be great.
    (we need two no matter what happens with those guys)

We need one more OL.

We need one RB :: most likely Cooley.

There are several "takes" :: Sorey, Mondon, Leary, Malcolm Johnson, Collins, etc...

It sure feels like the remainder of the class is in the hands of Miami Palmetto...and all of them are waiting for signing day. We need to wrap up a "plan B" safety now, finalize our last WR spot, get a RB to commit, slow play the OL spot, get Langston to pull the trigger and pray for Palmetto.

• Like Like x 2
  15. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Because HS grades are not part of official transcript until the last semester of his HS senior year closes. You still have HS next week and part of the week after. Manuel can make a decision thereafter.

16. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Great points on the weather and kids not realizing. Mine felt stay in Florida for baseball and did. 90 on your hands is hard enough in decent weather. Jam shot in weather under 50 and takes an inning or two to get the feeling back.

17. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Agree JWitt, gotta beat UGA which leads us to the SEC Championship game. I feel win or lose we are in CFP playoffs ( barring an upset earlier in year or loss to FSU). Make that final 4 and we will see a bump.

• Like Like x 1
  18. username

username GC Legend

Aug 17, 2017
    Really hope he makes it. if he makes it in, our WR corp is stacked, even after missing on a lot of guys. Next year we could have manual, senior Copeland, shorter? Plus the many lower class man, which I expect a couple to surprise us (whittmore, Weston)

crazy amounts of talent and a great HBC to put them in situations to excel.

19. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m a superficial star counter and I admit it. I hope staff chooses wisely and we take guys that move up in the rankings or come on board already ranked 4 or 5 stars.

Not impressed with Tennessee’s class.