Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ready for a stat that will blow your mind?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ekfornam, Nov 9, 2019.

1. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    I didn’t feel sorry for us when we were getting curb stomped during the 4-8 seasons

Was I mad? Yeah, at the Gators or letting it happen

But I could never blame a team for pouring it all over us

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatorr4life

gatorr4life -WE ARE THE BOYS- Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Just for this post, I will now be walking on your lawn!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Would have, could have.....fine...but...
    It was MUCH better to see EJ in there, to do his thing, and score three TDs.

Yeah, agreed, Trask is impressive, but, when you're putting in 2nd and 3rd stringers in the game, it's great for them to really get into it.

4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    You know, we beat an SEC conference and east division team 56-0 and two teams in front of us in the CFP poll lost, but, we're still expected to drop one or two spots in the rankings. Imagine if we had won 20-17. Plus there was the dust up last year.

5. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Same outcome. We were going to drop no matter the score, unless we had lost, then we wouldn't have been in the Top 20. The problem is they are looking at the field and saw a 2 loss team ahead of Minnesota, so they had to put them in the Top 10. Penn St lost a close one to Minn so they didn't drop far, still ahead of us. Oklahoma is jockeying for position. Essentially, they are trying to balance the Power 5, and having 3 multi-loss SEC teams in the Top 10 along with LSU is getting a lot of complaints from those outside of the SEC.

6. boligator

boligator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    It might very well appear bad on the surface, but you have to give the 2nd and 3rd teams reps. They are the future and you can't tell them NOT to score. That goes against what they practice to do. Score.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Ohio State routinely scores points like this. Move along

8. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Not sure about that. I think if we had squeaked out a close win, we could have dropped even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Getting late in the season and in all honesty, when you're in OSU's position, style points is good strategy if you can get them.

It's why I hope we lay it on our next two opponents if we are able to, just like we did to Vandy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Agree, nobody felt bad when we were getting pounded a few years ago, score play D score again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gatrfanzz

gatrfanzz GC Legend

I was saying at the beginning of the season that Trask should start because of his downfield vision and release. In that way he reminds me of Rex G. The ball releases out of his hand nicely. If he starts next season it gives the Gator offense I think a chance open up vertically.

12. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Legend

Oct 16, 2012
    Our leading rusher having 39 yards in a 56-0 blowout of lowly Vanderbilt might be a reason Trask’s passing yards are up there the way they are. Our WR corp helps as well.

13. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Not a crackback block, but a blindsided hit. Get your head on a swivel. But, there was no reason for Mason to be out there when trainers were attending to his player and DEFINITELY no need for him to say anything to the UF bench.