Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Read the Vile Hate Mail Sent to Triple Amputee Veteran Behind #GoFundTheWall, Encouraged by Liberal

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Dec 24, 2018.

1. TitletownGator

TitletownGator Sophomore

Jun 6, 2012
    Who in their right mind would donate money to a Gofundme page to "build the Wall"? You might as well throw it on a bonfire. How is this money going to be used to "build the Wall"? Who is going to be in control of the several millions of dollars (only a tiny fraction of the 1 billion dollar goal) that has been given? Is there accountability? Oversight? A board of some sort? Or have people simply been bamboozled into sending millions of dollars to some guy who put up a Gofundme? If this isn't peak 2018 irrationality, I don't know what is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Same morons who were carrying on about “freedom fries” and dumping expensive bottles of Bordeaux down the drain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cpgator

cpgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Founder of viral fundraiser for Trump’s border wall has questionable news past

Brian Kolfage's injuries do not excuse the questionable nature of what he does.
    - If a person runs websites that traffic in fake news then they are a peddler of lies regardless of their disability or military service
    - If a person collects money when there's a strong possibility the money can't be used for the stated cause the person is a scammer regardless of disability or military service

As others have mentioned, the OP's source is Gateway Pundit, a well-known purveyor of fake news designed to stoke conservative outrage. Trying to find truth is one of their stories is like trying to find kernels of undigested corn in a pile of bull manure: it's theoretically possible but highly unlikely and even if you found something that looked like it, would you really want to swallow it?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Just want to officially note how well you utilized the metaphor of BS. Bravo.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I appreciate everyone’s sacrifices no matter the situations.

No one gets a pass from me when they get into politics.

No one.

6. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Once you take the stage you get either applause or tomatoes.

7. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Just an update on the status of the gofundme for the wall. After 18 days, it's at $19 million of the $1 billion goal. To put that into perspective, that would be like having raised $190 of a $10,000 goal after more than 2 weeks. Pretty pathetic and an indication of the lack of overall support for the wall. And this is what Trump has shut the government down for.

8. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I have no problem with a wall and will not donate to a go fund me fund.

Matter of fact. I’ve never given to a go fund me fund.

I donate to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Good Will, Children’s Home, Back Packs for Kids, etc.

I would however go for something like the wall fund if it pertained to all issues.

An example would be abortion and birth control.
    Have them financed with a go fund me fund by their supporters.

I gladly trade those for a wall and would be willing to finance it.

How cool would that be.
    We all get to pick and choose where our support goes.

9. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Voluntary taxation would be about as successful as this gofundme campaign has been. But yeah, it would have been nice to be able to dictate that my tax money not be used for the Iraq War.

10. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Rich neighborhoods would have much nicer streets, better police and firefighters, better schools, better parks, better...well better everything. It would really suck for people who live in poor neighborhoods though.

11. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    That GoFundMe is dead. At it's current rate anyone reading this will be dead of old age before they raise $5 billion, but the creator of the GoFundMe, claims:

Either a conservative billionaire is stepping up, or they're going to put something like a chainlink fence across some Texas's rancher's property and call it the wall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    The poor neighborhoods would look third world.

Some things need to be one size fits all.

My post about abortion and birth control was not a serious one. It was just to make a point.

I’m not rich financially by any stretch of the imagination but would not mind paying “a little more” in taxes.

There’s a lot out there that needs them.

Too bad our representatives waste so much of it.

13. cpgator

cpgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Scammers gonna scam...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Playa gonna play. He Hate Me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Unsurprisingly, as Kolfage did in the past, he's trying to scam people out of money:

16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
  17. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    GoFundMe cancelled the campaign and is refunding the money. The guy is definitely a lowlife scammer trading on his Purple Heart and injuries to suck people in. Thankfully GoFundMe found out (probably thanks to Buzzfeed New's story) before those people lost their money.

The sad part is many of them will probably turn around and give their money directly to this guy, who at best will probably build a token wall somewhere and pocket everything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Honestly, I wish he would have kept the money for himself. It would have been a good life lesson for all those dopey givers that would want to spend their own money on some moronic idea like building a giant wall along the Mexican boarder.

19. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Even after it was evident that this campaign would come nowhere close to raising $50 million, much less $5 billion, people kept giving money. It didn't make any sense. What did they think $20 million was going to accomplish on a wall estimated to cost up to $25 billion? But I guess lots of scams don't make sense and people still fall for them.

20. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    btw...the campaign is still active and taking donations. Seems strange that would be the case if it's being cancelled. I think their might be some political push back on GoFundMe cancelling it.