Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Quite a few GC "old-timers" have surfaced lately -- check in here!

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by Solari, Nov 15, 2017.

1. GatorBand

GatorBand VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami
    Hi. My name is GatorBand and I've been a GC addict since the mid-nineties.

I believe I've had this handle from the start, but had to ask the administrators to fix the loss of the capital G and B when we made the move.

I really love being one or two days ahead of the rest of the world on all things Gator. And the insight I get from the Insiders here that not only tells me what's happening, but why.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ufgator84

ufgator84 Unstable Genius and H.A.M. VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Been around since Swampie's Rumor Mill.

I remember a few names from those days that migrated here - especially the MuNKeE......halleygator :D

Time to brag......

I was subscribing to Jack Hairston's Bull Gator and David Stirt's Gator Bait when I was still in school at UF in the 80s

*pats himself on the back*

Loved Hairston's recruiting stuff - blue chips/red chips/white chips ;)

• Like Like x 4
  3. ojgator

ojgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Winter Park
    Likewise been around a looong time. Used to get Hairston's Gator Pipeline in the old days. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. gatorowen

gatorowen GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    ‘96 for me! I’m so old I attended my first Fl/Ga game as a 10 year old kid in ‘54. My hero’s back then were Jimmy Dunn, Joe Brodsky, Jimmy Roundtree and Jackie Simpson!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. helix

helix VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You're too kind, my friend. There are some really, really good people here who you could count on for anything, and @PD is one of them. I'll second your notion to go to meetups when you have the opportunity. One side benefit is those real, personal connections without a keyboard in between have a tendency to greatly enhance the conversation here on GC. Once you can put a face and a personality to that name and take the time to get to know them, it's a lot easier to understand where they are coming from and have civil debates rather than heated arguments.

Not sure when it was that I joined up here, but sometime around the Zook or early Meyer years I believe. GC was still under Scout at the time. This place has been great to me, and @Solari is just flat out a good guy who does things the right way.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Come play golf with a bunch of us old-and new-timers next April at Meadowbrook in G'ville..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. kdm

kdm Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Funny, this thread makes me think back to some of the hilarious things that I remember over the years. That would make for another interesting thread. For example:
    • The legendary recruitments of Ernie Badeuax, Steve Shipp, Shammar Finney and others
    • When Ice first discovered his vacation magic
    • When Halley introduced the ralley monkee, the avalanche and the lucky photo
    • Psychogator's Hunter S. Thompsonesque screeds
    • football genius (my personal favorite)
    • WB3's special grammar and linguistics
    • Saban's thanksgiving dinner
    • "gonl"
    I'm sure that I'm missing tons more.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. solari

solari GC Janitor VIP Member GC Staff

Most excellent idea - I've started up a new thread for this here: Share memorable moments in GC history...

• Like Like x 3
  9. 7gator

7gator Sophomore

Apr 3, 2007
    Jensen Beach Florida
    Saw my first game in 1949 and then Gatorbait when it became a newspaper and Swampy and or Gator Country whenever it started on the Internet. Go Gators

• Like Like x 4
  10. WDGator

WDGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Pinehurst, NC
    Thinking it was late 90's early 2000 when I came on board.

• Like Like x 2
  11. scbeerman

scbeerman VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have been around here since 1996. I also remember Swampie and subscribed to GatorBait in print. It was tough to get Gator news when I returned back to my home state of SC in the late 80s, but Gator Country has solved that. I knew I was a hopeless fan when the first thing that I check on when going online in the mid 90s was Gator sites. I am here for the duration.

• Like Like x 4
  12. TheRaid

TheRaid Premium Member

Yes, it is good to see the old screen names. I thought most of y'all were gone, but seeing some old screen names makes me realize a lot of us are still here. It is almost like finding long lost friends.

I was GatoRaid (as in Air Raid) back in the day. My ascii character pic was a depiction of a football in motion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. gatorgirl4life

gatorgirl4life Gator Girls are the Best in the World :)

Oct 19, 2014
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Hey ya'll :) I joined GC in 1995. I've been a part of the GC fam since I was a teenager. When I joined, I got to know the crew and was appointed as the Pub moderator back in the day. Many of you know me by Rosa or Ro. My user name back then was uf1in96 but changed it after someone hacked my account. Had tons of fun and met so many great people. Some are now my best friends. I've always had a lot of respect for Ray and the members who can be civilized and add to great dialogue. We Gators are very passionate so there are times I need to take a lil' break away from the madness, but I'm an avid reader and try to keep up with all of the news across Gator Nation. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. NWGATOR

NWGATOR All American

Oct 4, 2007
    Lost in Oregon
    The new juice brought me back.. good to see some old faces around.

• Like Like x 2
  15. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl

Cliff aka Darth

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Been here since 97' but have changed userame's since then. I rarely post, but often lurk. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Rosa! PosterGirl here. Changed my screen name too, as PG was originally selected for the irony. Been around the Pub or Too Hot since May, 2002 around the time the Pub went into meltdown over the fat aerobics instructor that caused the first split in the Pub. Bizarro!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. prgator

prgator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2007
    I was a member of Swampie's rumor mill, too.

I also used to subscribe to Gator Bait.

• Like Like x 5
  19. gatorkarl

gatorkarl Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    Don't remember when I joined Gatorcountry but my first inkling of Gator news being available was with the magazine "Gatorbait" with David Stirt (? spelling) one night when Spurrier made his stop in Pensacola. Stirt hat a table in the corner of the room with his magazine and I walked over and started a conversation. I ordered his service, then found Swampie on the internet before joining Gatorcountry, the information over the years has been sheer enjoyment for countless hours . I really appreciate the "Insiders" that share information on this forum and look forward to the next item of breaking news. Go Gators!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ovillegator

ovillegator Premium Member

Jul 29, 2009
    St. Augustine!
    Yep, loved Gatorbait magazine (still have some oldies saved), but I loved reading Swampie regularly online (wasn't it called Swamp Gas then?) -- I remember he disappeared or something, and then I found him on GC, and decided to pay to keep up. Don't know when that started, but know I've been here ever since!

• Like Like x 3