Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Quiet day at work so I just watched this

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, May 11, 2021.

1. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Urban hit them with EVERYTHING. Like someone said earlier, no one scored more than one TD (except for the QBs).

We had every WR in our arsenal, Ingram and Casey at TE, running backs, even Billy Latsko fullback catching passes. Then dual-threat Percy catching and rushing and Tebow scoring both running and passing TDs. Urban hit them with every weapon and their D was lost. Short stuff and speed that dinked and dunked them to death.

And then our D went to work on Troy and those slow plodder midwestern offensive linemen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. insuragator

insuragator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Most of my family are Michigan fans so they talked sh*t all during Christmas. It was a wonderful night indeed.

• Like Like x 4
  4. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    I had a friend who liked ohio st. I told him we were going too be to fast for them. He said they have fast players too. I told him that I wasn't talking about skill players.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Better to give them the TD and give that showboating twit the opportunity to take himself out of the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MetaGator

MetaGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was there. OSU fans were so unbelievably arrogant. An old man yelled at me and my friends in the parking lot that it “is a travesty the Buckeyes have to take the field against you sorry a-holes”.

I sat in the end zone with a few frat brothers from my student days- surrounded by Bucknut fans. They were incredibly confident before kickoff, and collectively decided the game was over.

I will never forget the look on their faces as the Gators completely demolished OSU. After a Bucknut turnover in the second half, the few Gator fans in our section were jumping up and down and celebrating. An older Bucknut couple called the usher over and complained that “celebrating too much and that we should be ejected”. The usher merely replied “it’s a football game” and walked away.

Bucknut fans are terrible. I cannot say they are the worst because that is reserved for Noles, but they are in the ballpark.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    They are the worst. As much as I hate the Noles and Mutts, Buckeye fans win the prize.

My firm has five offices in Slohio, and before the game, one of the Florida guys sent an email saying "Go Gators!"

An Ohio guy replied saying that the SEC was a joke, and typically an SEC game would end when a rabid possum wandered across the field and all the retarded, inbred southerners who had banged their sisters the day before got in a fight over who got to eat it. There was more, but I can't remember it all.

Well, said Bucknut fan appeared in Florida about a week later, and went to the offices of every UF grad to apologize. We were advised by our CEO that he was not to leave our office until we were satisfied and had given him permission to leave. I worked his butt over for a solid 30 minutes. You have never seen a more miserable, forlorn individual. Ha ha ha.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MetaGator

MetaGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As rude and obnoxious as Bucknut fans are, none of them poured beer on me. None of them threw anything at me. None of them told my best friends (who were also Nole fans) mother she should be gang raped and murdered for sitting with a Gator fan.

All of those things happened to me when I went to a UF-FSU game in Tallycrappy with my long time friend who was a Nole student at the time.

In my experience, Nole fans not only say horrible things, they take it to the next level.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Claygator

Apr 11, 2007
    I realize that we got a lot of pressure on Troy Smith, but he really was not very good. Waaaay overrated. He made very few plays in that game for a Heisman winner.

10. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Anchors Aweigh Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    I was there -came over from Los Angeles to see that. Wowzah. Yeah, started off bit scary then we never looked back. Bucknut guys yelling at us from the parking lot all the way in-"you guys don't even deserve to be In this game..." :eek: They were leaving late third quarter in shock...:oops:

Spent a fortune on a single ticket - 40 yard line-it was worth every dollar...

Memories of a lifetime-just the beginning of our Tebow adventure too. Unforgettable;)

Go Gators.:D

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    the fans were horrible- it actually started in the Orlando Airport- once we landed in Phoenix, while we were waiting for our luggage a female bucknut started in on my wife- I stepped in between and told her to back off and she did- her wimpy 5'8" husband never said a word- the at lunch on game day a guy came over to our table and made a comment about my coaches hat- I stood up and he ran off- then at the game it was a nightmare. A family of 8 bucknut fans were behind us and they were total jackasses- I had to intervene to stop the 5 kids from jumping on 2 50 something Gator fans - I had a young 10 year old sitting beside me(Grandma, Grandpa, father and son Buckeye family who were very nice)- when the crap started I told him to stand behind me so he would not be caught in the fracas if I could not stop it from happening- funny how even 5 kids between 17-25 did not want to mess with the 6'4" 300 lb guy- after I got it all settled down the kids father came over to me and said his son told him I what I said to protect him and he was very grateful- the 5 kids started up a couple of times and I told them to either sit down or I was coming up to sit between them and so they sat- after half time the Grandmother told me she was in line behind them and she heard them say they were not worried about the 2 guys they almost got into it with but the big bald headed guy was someone they wanted no part of- they left at the end of the 3rd quarter- with about 90 seconds left i felt something more than heard it and turned around to se the 17 year old had come back- I leaned over the seat and said to him-"you are not thinking about doing something stupid are you" - he looked at me for about 2 seconds and then looked away and then got up and left- we stayed in Phoenix until Thursday and then I had booked our flight home based on the shortest layover as the only direct flight back to O-Town left Phoenix at 5AM. So we flew to Minneapolis- everyone on the plane but us were bucknut fans- we were decked out in Gator gear and sat row 1 first class and boarded first- so every bucknut had to walk by us to get to their seats- I also had my laptop on the tray opened to GC- one young kid(9 or 10) actually said congrats- but no one else even spoke to us/

It was a great night in the desert

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  13. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    I miss us having a defense like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    ...sure and hell was. Them being as toxic, arrogant, and rude as they were made it even more enjoyable. :p Sure is great to-be a Florida Gator.

Gotta love it...;):D

Go Gators

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    THANKS!

16. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    You have to admire the smart play by Percy Harvin at 1:47.

He strips the shoe loose on impact, then (instead of tossing it up the field) he gets in the face of two OSU defenders, avoiding the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

17. Claygator

Apr 11, 2007
    OSU's offense got absolutely stuffed. Troy Smith was rattled and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. They scored ONE offensive touchdown, with 13 minutes left in the second quarter. The remaining 43 minutes they did nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. finorman

finorman All American

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    Is it a weird feeling for anyone else to think that a couple of years later Meyer would be coaching the losing team?

Maybe I shouldn’t take it so personal, it’s almost like seeing a picture of your wife, a couple of years after your divorce intimately posed with your childhood bully.... whose ass you whipped when he pushed you too far.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    I take the Gators personally too, but dude, this is way too far.
    First- Meyer didn't coach a game for tOSU until the 2012 season. So over 5 years after this game. Not 2.

But more than this- he was just a hired hand doing a job for us. He did a great job, but its not his family.
    AND- he was an Ohio guy, who carried a bucknut in his pocket for luck. (As we heard 100 times leading up to this game.)

So it wasn't that surprising that he would choose to go home.
    I was surprised it went south so quickly, but it wasn't that shocking tome that he went to tOSU.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

and after all that, leaving pOSU the way he did, coming back to Florida, dude might just be more Gator now than bucknut. After all we were his first....and second. Urbs could be good for us in Jax if we embrace him - very good. Timing is great for inducting him into the ROH.

Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 2