Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Question from today's press conference.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatortenor37, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatortenor37

gatortenor37 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    How is Tebow not considered an alpha dog in Mullen's eyes? His promise speech is on a plaque. If that isn't backing up your leadership with results, I don't know what is. Also, Tebow was all the time pumping up the defense on the sidelines. Just don't see his point of view. Your thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rmfleone06

rmfleone06 Sophomore

Aug 21, 2009
    Florida
    He didn't say Tebow wasn't an alpha dog, just that Dak Prescott was the most alpha dog type person he had been around.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. gatortenor37

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    That being said, I can't disagree because I haven't been around Dak, but his reaction was not even close to Dak, which I can't agree on.

4. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    I bet if Tebow went out and played linebacker for us he would have been All SEC by seasons end....Im not sure there was anything he couldnt do in college football.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Instigator22

Instigator22 Sophomore

Nov 10, 2014
    I thought you were going to ask why Mullen seems to have such a undefined sense of discipline. I’m a big fan of the man but that last press conference was just bizarre and didn’t seem very put together.

When asked about the rash of now 4 players accused of violence against women he responded with a “Well, how many were actually charged” and then later “Sometimes yes, sometimes no” was a response to the punishment.

It reminds me when he said we had a no gun policy but that some players had guns for hunting oh, and Toney has an AR in his trunk so, “sometimes yes, sometimes no” I guess applies to guns too?

I get it that he said / she said issues are hard and he is not the judge -/ but he needs to say that if players are doing this it will not be tolerated. He needs to clean this crap up quick like in 2019 or things could get Urban-esque messy quick

• Disagree x 4
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. gatortenor37

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    I'm pretty sure the sometimes yes/sometimes no answer was to the question reguarding if he likes Huggins choices/behavior. But as always I could have missed something.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Or..Or..Or...he will handle it in house and tell the media to pound sand. #Thatswhatiwoulddo

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. UFish

UFish GC Legend

Dec 14, 2010
    I didn't like his verbal response to that either. But three of the four players in question are no longer on this team. Actions speak louder than words.

Huggins is the exception and I surmise there is a reason for that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Instigator22

Instigator22 Sophomore

Nov 10, 2014
    Oh. And the story with Huggins was he didn’t play after the allegations of chocking his tutor in late October 2018 — but he backs off by saying”he wouldn’t have played anyhow with the 4 game redshirt rule”. Just weird. Either it’s a suspension or it’s not. Right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Instigator22

Instigator22 Sophomore

Nov 10, 2014
    Those days are over in today’s world of media IMO. You can only play that game so long (see Urban meyer and Jimbo as examples)

11. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Every situation is different and needs to be handled accordingly... that's all he saying.

Do you really want him to say every player that is accused of something will be punished regardless of what the facts bare out?

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. gatortenor37

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    I agree. We should all stop this guilty unless proven innocent crap. We live in America where you are innocent until proven guilty. Gather all the facts and then go from there. Kid is obviously going through hoops to get back on the field. I'm confident DM is doing everything he can to educate the young man.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gatortenor37

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    5 games is 5 games. If we needed him because of injuries. He would not have been available. That is just hindsight.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  14. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    I think the inference was that Tim didn't have to be as alpha as Dak, because the teams that Tim was on had plenty of other alphas to keep the team straight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. gatortenor37

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Sure, I get that too. It just rubbed me wrong being a staunch Tebow supporter. I believe it went something like this. Reporter-"Dak Prescott. Better than Tebow?" Mullen- "Oh yeah, definitely." SMH LOL

16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Innocent until proven guilty unfortunately can run in conflict with political correctness, and political correctness wins every time in today's society. So if it's about crimes against women, or race, the media will quickly declare you guilty until proven innocent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. tleebow

tleebow Premium Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Palm Coast, FL
    If 4 of the 5 accused are off the team, how is he not handling it properly? And supposedly the 5th was suspended for almost half a season.

• Like Like x 3
  18. gatortenor37

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    This is very sad, but true. But I am not about to bash Mullen for standing up for anyone's rights.

• Like Like x 2
  19. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Mullen needed to choose his words better. He left to much open to speculation that the hacks can run with only knowing a fraction of the info. You know those scumbags aren't interested in the whole story, just a sound bite they can spin to their liking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. gatortenor37

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Well, I think the players know that Mullen means business. The media can believe what they like. Also SS knows how things are being handled. I don't pay much attention to the press anymore.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.