Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Question about parking for UT game.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by cfcgator, Sep 17, 2019.

1. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

I live in lake Placid as well..

2. LakePlacidGator

LakePlacidGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Myakka,

I did not know you were in Lake Placid. I thought you were in the Bradenton-Myakka area.

3. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

Born and raised in myakka city - bradenton area but my wife is from LP and we moved over here in June 2015.

4. LakePlacidGator

LakePlacidGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was raised in Lake Placid and graduated from Lake Placid High School. I visit there periodically.

• Like Like x 1
  5. willgetin

willgetin Recruit

May 1, 2007
    I usually go to 2 games per year, always parked along Museum Rd down around Lake Alice. Great views, nice walk, cool seeing the number of tail-gators and real gators.

Yep. Not anymore. Went to Towson. Museum Rd is no longer an option for parking. Added an hour to my drive time getting stuck in that mess and then trying to find other parking. Eventually had to pay $20 to park. Reserving the entirety of Museum rd for Booster parking? Ridiculous.

I love going to the games. I will not pay for parking again. I will not park so far away that I have to pack a lunch or get an Uber. I will not arrive at 9am for an evening game just to get parking closer to the stadium. At this point, I will probably not go and see a game in person again. It is really not worth the additional expense in time or money when I can sit home and watch it on Tivo.

6. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    To clarify, you feel boosters who support the program by purchasing season tickets, paying thousands in booster fees, and attending most if not all games shouldn't get any priority parking over a person who goes to a couple of games a year and wants to park for free in a convenient spot? Not a great business model I'm afraid

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 31g8r

31g8r Senior

Oct 20, 2013
    I agree with Apop, sounds like a little more diligence prior to arrival would have helped. Plenty of free parking on the streets north of the stadium

The university has restricted much of the traditional parking areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cfcgator

cfcgator Freshman

Oct 3, 2007
    Jonesborough,Tn.
    I went to the Tennessee game last week. Drove down from Jonesborough,Tn. Was able to park in the public lot on Museum road and center drive. Lot was only half full at 8:30 that morning. I drove up and down museum road before that. Lots of people parked along the grass. I was pleased to get to park in that lot.

9. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks for this link. The map and information are very useful. I did chuckle that Lake Alice on the map has gators drawn in it.

Where do the shuttles run? I did not see that on the website.

For a milestone birthday my wife gave my son and me tickets for the Auburn game. It will be my first Gator home game since I was in school, which was when dinosaurs roamed the earth. We were thinking of parking away from campus and taking Uber in. Has anyone done that? What is the fare?

Thanks!