Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Quashon Fuller

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bvgator789, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And buy him some nice J’s

2. jpullen

jpullen Freshman

Apr 3, 2007
    GATORBAIT!!!

Gollum Gollum

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. gatorlaxn

gatorlaxn All American

Aug 28, 2014
    Atlanta Ga
    For the love of god! Parents stay out of your kids recruiting. The decision they make is what’s best for THEM! NOT YOU!!!!!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Legend

Oct 8, 2018
    Lexington, KY
    A year from now his stat board will say:

Led FSU with 25 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and 2 sacks

Have a nice day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Respectfully disagree. These kids are young, naive and easily influenced. In most cases (but not all) the parents are a little more objective and are looking out for the best interests of their kids.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

Good for Mullen. FSU has trolled us too many times in the past in recruiting, and it seems the more things change, the more they stay the same. FSU's recruiting tactics are slimey, no matter who coaches there.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Lexington, KY
    I see both points. Of course a parent is going to be involved in a decision of this magnitude. And MOST of the time they are looking out for their child best interest.

However, lol there are times when they have done their part and a young man needs to make the final move himself. For what he wants.

That said, don’t think players are the only ones enticiced by the cheap and easy lure of the bag men’s wares...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. TrueGator

TrueGator All American

Nov 11, 2014
    Totally agree. What is the point of coming at all if you know you won't be signing? It can't really be all that much fun to walk around and look at stadiums and dorms and locker rooms and coaches offices and waste time getting to know players and coaches you will never see again. It's nothing but a waste of funds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    There most definitely are parents who are looking out for themselves over their kid, which is one reason I said "In most cases (but not all) the parents are a little more objective and are looking out for the best interests of their kids".

But while they may also look out for themselves and take some sort of benefit (money, car, job, etc), I think the number who would actually choose to take for themselves, knowing that it isn't in the best interest of the kid, is relatively small.

At the same time, I think there are relatively few parents who would not respect the choice of their son. I believe that if Fuller's mom thought he was seriously interested UF (even if that's not her preference), then she'd probably be willing to at least make the visit with him. ;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't want to be that guy that says if UF doesn't get him it's because the other school bought him. But this one smells. Louisville? Something smells. His Mother must really dislike UF or perhaps is not being courted the way $he would like.

Here's is offer list fwiw.
    Quashon Fuller, 2019 Strongside defensive end - Rivals.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TrueGator

TrueGator All American

Nov 11, 2014
    Maybe Mullen smelled it too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Didn’t some of you work for the phychics friends hotline

Knowing what is inside parents and kids heads and knowing which one has the best interest in mind

Is a true gift

13. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Lexington, KY
    $hicken dinner.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. gatorlaxn

gatorlaxn All American

Aug 28, 2014
    Atlanta Ga
    I was talking about the parents that make the kids decision for them. I should have clarified that. When my daughter started looking at colleges for lacrosse, UF was where she wanted to go. As a diehard Gator, I wanted my daughter to play lacrosse for UF. But after camping there she was just not happy, for whatever reason. I wasn’t going to make her go there. Sure I was involved with her recruiting, but my number one thing was, I wanted her to be happy! These kids should also pick a school that they could see themselves at whether they were playing a sport or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 All American

Sep 4, 2017
    I never understood this and never understood why coaches recruit guys who don't have them listed high on their list of schools. Like Dontae Lucas this cycle...anybody with a brain knew he wasn't going to flip from FSU but I felt we wasted time on him when we could have put that focus and recruiting effort towards another OL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I guarantee Mullen has seen it all from his previous time here and from slimy ole miss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. missourigator

missourigator GC Legend

Apr 13, 2007
    why are we even talking about somebody who doesn't want to be a Gator. Lets focus on those that do.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    More importantly they know better than to swing at the piñata blindfolded. If Mom is not willing to come they know she would likely dissuade in private. I’m glad they aren’t desperate. He’s a good prospect but barely top 300.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. thekentuckygator

Oct 8, 2018
    Lexington, KY
    Miss. State :)

20. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Who would you like to discuss?