Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Props to the O-line

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LTG61, Oct 5, 2019.

1. kes

kes All American

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    I believe what my eyes see. I think our line struggles to run block. I think they do pretty good in pass pro. It is what it is. I thought they fought like crazy against a very good defensive front. I am happy overall at their performance.

Did you hear the announcers right out of half-time? They said the box was a buzz with everyone wondering if both teams were over rated . Maybe.

I will take the win. I will enjoy the win. I will be very surprised if lsu doesn't kill us with the running game up the middle. We haven't shown we can stop it. Burrow will be dangerous. That worries me most.

2. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    How exactly were we lucky?

We dominated every facet of the game. AU was extremely lucky we didn't blow them out by 20+ points. I feel like we were amazingly unlucky and still came away with the win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It certainly counts but when analyzing whether another player could have done the same in that part of the game you need to compare them during the same times they did play for a baseline. Perine and Davis up to that point had identical yards per carry. The point is simply that you can’t allege that Davis couldn’t have done the same if given the opportunity there when he’d performed the same up to that point.

4. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    You know what, these are the same people who already accepted a gators loss even before the game was played. They are pissed because the gators won. What a bunch of fake gators fans.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. demosthenes

Apr 3, 2007
    Please point to where anyone is hating on Perine. The name calling and insults are unbecoming.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. demosthenes

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree we could have and should have blown them out. I don’t think the reason we didn’t is due to being unlucky though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Laughably ironic.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I was going to post exactly this. Thank you

9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That LSU line would have never scored a td if not for the 4th down lunacy.

10. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Saying we didn’t have much of a running game is not a knock on Perine...it’s a lack of run blocking....not to mention 3 of the 4 Trask fumbles plus the injury were the result of an OL missing his block....they played hard yes but playing hard and playing well are two different things....we haven’t had a running game all year (11th in SEC in rushing) so the logic of “they went up against the best DL in the conf” doesn’t hold much water IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Define "playing well." They didn't play "perfect" but UF did beat an undefeated, top-10 ranked team today.

Again: define "playing well."

12. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not giving up 4 sacks (all of which were fumbles I think), not allowing 7 tackles for loss, not whiffing on a block that could have put our 2nd QB on the shelf for the season, and maybe allowing more than 44 yards rushing....even the Perine TD was his own doing breaking a tackle at the LOS....I’m very happy we won but it was because of the defense more than anything

13. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    So, playing well is: 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 0 missed blocks, and allowing(?) 45 rushing yards prior to contact? BTW, Perine's broken tackle came at the second level.

My point is: these are our guys, they played their best game of the year (against a VERY highly regarded defense), and they enabled the offense skill positions to score 24 points - which was enough to win the game. You guys look for perfection, or your definition of excellence, or whatever. I'll look at effort, continuing improvement, and wins.

Props to the O-line.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Offense just not crisp and consistent.Auburn failed to score on TOs other than a couple of FGs, thanks to our great defense. We did not attack the perimeter. No idea why he called the read option was on third and one where a once injured Trask ran it up the middle. Good thing our defense is great of auburn’s offense bad.

15. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014

I agree, Brown, Davidson, Britt are monsters and extremely disruptive. Brown is in/on every 2 deep NFL roster today if he wants to be.

I thought again today we ran better with Gouriage in the game.

16. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm surprised they don't try Forsythe inside. He seems to be slightly late in being able to block the faster DE's

17. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Run blocking still needs to be better but I was actually surprised the OL held up as well as they did in pass blocking. Sure Trask got sacked some but that's always going to happen against a great DL and the pressure was not constant IMO. The fumbles are more on Trask. The percentage of times he fumbles when being hit is way too high and needs to improve greatly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    Does anyone know Mullen’s cellphone number so he can be contacted and told who he should be playing?

19. The_RH_Factor

Aug 11, 2010
    Trask finds the open receiver and gets the ball to him.

20. The_RH_Factor

Aug 11, 2010
    Gator fans suffer through a win worse than fans from other teams according to Dooley.