Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

POLL: Predictions for Head Coach Billy Napier's First Season

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by thatguy, Jan 14, 2022 at 8:56 AM.

How well will Billy Napier's Gators do in year one?

1. Undefeated and National Champions

5.8%
  2. College Football Playoff Team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 12-0 Regular Season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 11-1 Regular Season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 10-2 Regular Season

9.4%
  6. 9-3 Regular Season

24.0%
  7. 8-4 Regular Season

36.8%
  8. 7-5 Regular Season

19.3%
  9. 6-6 Regular Season

3.5%
  10. Here's My Prediction

1.2%
  1. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Wins: USF, EWU, Vandy, FSU, Mizzou
    Toss ups: USC, Utah, UK, UT, LSU
    Losses: UGA and aTm

I usually split the toss-ups when I'm making my prediction. So, 7.5 wins and 4.5 losses. Anticipating the Billy Napalm effect kicking in as the season goes on, I went with 8-4 in the survey.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cktownsend27

Cktownsend27 Sophomore

Feb 3, 2016
    I would be happy with 7 wins, if I see more discipline and hard fought losses and continual improvement throughout the year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    I got 8-4 but I am hoping for better. I think Coach N will get a lot of buy in, it was great to pick up Montrell Johnson, the back from Louisiana who is already familiar with Billy's system, plus some of their O-Line. That could produce big dividends and the difference between a close win and a heart-breaking loss!

• Like Like x 1
  4. deepwater

deepwater Freshman

Feb 5, 2019
    The Branch
    I say we start dating Hope. I heard she’s back on the market after She left Georgia and I believe she’s exactly what we need right now!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    To OP. You forgot 13-2. Finished reg season at 11-1. Won SECCG. Lose NC title game.

6. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    The talent is there. If we line them up and coach them correctly. It’s the knucklehead quotient that needs to be figured in there somewhere…and unfortunately, no one knows what that is. I still say 10-2.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 7:23 AM
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    upload_2022-1-14_18-47-55.jpeg

I see a bunch of losses. 5 O/U.

But I also expect to be frustrated because we are out-talented, especially on the OL, not because we are a collection of faster Automowers just randomly covering grass.

I fully expect to see an immediate and dramatic uptick in competence even while taking a bunch of L’s. If so, I will be thrilled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    I expect to not see Mullen and his lazy ass pop warner staff. That alone is a W.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. grantgator

grantgator Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Orlando
    Yeah but we gotta outbid A&M's 1.3 mil NIL for her at Terry's Cars and Saddles or something like that

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    If CBN doesn't win a least 8, he should be terminated.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Gators start out 7-0
    Lose back to back games Vs Uga and ATM.
    Finish 11-2 with bowl win.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 5:36 AM
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hoping for the best but anticipating we take some lumps in year one. Given time CBN will get it done. Building a winning program literally from the ground up.

13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    With a competent defense we would never have lost to Kentucky the last two out 4 year and the last of 33 years overall... Same with LSU, so I think we win those two games AT HOME. A&M has new talent. Are they going to be experienced enough to our play our new talent? I love our freshman too. Who knows... toss-up.

Now that leaves UGA. They lose their OC and their DC but I have the feeling that they will be okay with Muschamp as their DC, that leaves the OC as the outlier... How much talent do they lose? Will they just reload? I know they will have a good offense, but can they snag a good OC too? Either way, I will NOT automatically count that game as a loss right off the bat.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 11:01 AM
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Who are the teams we are supposed to beat ?

15. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    7-5, 2-4 start followed by 5-1 run to the end and a bowl win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gatorchip

Gatorchip All American

Feb 3, 2010
    15-0. No doubt in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. DanseRusse

DanseRusse All American

Oct 26, 2008
    That’s what I saw in the crystal ball as well!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. LS1

LS1 Sophomore

Sep 9, 2015
    Hilliard, OH
    Exactly this.

7+ wins, and I want us to be a lot better by the end of the year. Signs of discipline and improvement. Top 12 recruiting class.

I think it will take a few years for Napier to really work his magic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. didipi3

didipi3 Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    vero beach
    If this team wins the first 5 games look out .

20. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

I'm going with 9-3 because of some out of the box reasons..

How many games did we lose by one score? And we did this because we had a coach who had long since checked out and as a result there's zero doubt in my mind that this was a huge consequence in our poor quarterback play, a DC that couldn't/wouldn't game plan, make any kind of common sense adjustments and basically made us sacrificial lambs on defense.. The positions, especially on offense, were not awarded to the best players; but awarded to those who had basically been there the longest and this spawned a gross sense of entitlement and there was absolutely zero discipline on and off the field as a result. The special teams were non-existent.

CBN will have NONE of this... The weed out process has already started of those that are not going to buy in because of their entitled behavior; spring practice will be a catalyst for this... That's why I don't believe that this staff is too concerned about over-signing right now. CBN gutted the incompetence that was our previous staff and has basically replaced them with the best coaches that money can buy; even one coach that's basically considered a legend in college football (Raymond) These coaches will not tolerate complacency, "good enough", and sloppy and undisciplined technique... Attention to detail will be paid at a premium which has been void in this program for far too long..

The talent is there; the buy-in will be and there will be accountability on both the staff and the players parts again and as a result we play with pride again. What I have described above is worth two to three more wins alone. I'm not going to predict who we lose to because we are absolutely more than capable of winning any game on our schedule.. Including georgia and Texas A&M.

So I'm going with 9-3..I won't be surprised if we win more and I won't be disappointed if we win less. This team with all the moves that have been made is capable of a quicker turnaround than most would expect.. And I won't be disappointed if we win less because the state of this team didn't get like this overnight. As far as recruiting goes, I'm not worried anymore because it's in good hands; it's no longer a matter of if, it's now a matter of when and "when" will now be sooner and greater rather than later and maybe.

Go Gators

• Like Like x 2