Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

PRE-GAME discussion and prediction thread - Florida vs. LSU - 2019

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Until the GAME THREAD is posted, I decided to expand my usual prediction thread to include discussion as well, for those interested in an expanded content.

=========

My take: Florida comes into the game with the highest rated defense in the country and two QB's who each are capable of not only being a "game manager" but actually being "force multipliers" at that position - something we haven't had enough of in previous years.

Those two aspects of this team provide me with great confidence that we are capable of defeating any team in college football, should we take care of all other basics - like limiting turnovers, special teams doing their job, and most importantly - good play calling to maximize our capabilities.

My prediction:

Florida: 27
    LSU: 17

GO Gators!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill GC Legend

Feb 7, 2018
    Would I be happy with that?
    Oh Yeah!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    I think we score more....I'm going with 34-24 this game! Good guys winning, of course.

And for some reason, I think we run it relatively well this game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Depth charts....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    :alligator:31
    :emoji_tiger2:27

• Like Like x 3
  6. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I think:

LSU 28
    Florida 24

One too many turnovers

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. g8t0rb8t

g8t0rb8t Senior

Oct 21, 2012
    Republic of Texas
    I think we proved against Auburn that we can hang with anyone on our schedule.

By far we will be the best defense LSwho has seen this year. If it comes down to a shootout (not that I think that will happen) I think we have the edge with our corners.

If not this weekend, our lack of a running game will cost us eventually. Same would go for Trask's inexperience and fumbling, but our defense has done a great job of protecting us from his mistakes.

No way you can convince me Orgeron can coach a better game than Dan Mullen. 17-10 Gators, defense wins the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Looking at everything, this is a tough game to call. But, to continue the tradition of me being completely wrong, I’ll say....

UF 23
    LSU 20

Defense holds and we eek out a late 4th qtr win with McPhersons leg.

Go Gators

• Like Like x 2
  9. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Zuniga will play and is 100%. Dameon Pierce will prolly play too.

Gators are winning.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I think the Gators like playing ugly, and Death Valley makes teams play even uglier at times. I think it will be an even lower scoring game than Auburn, and there will be about as many turnovers. I predict 14-10, Gators.

• Like Like x 3
  11. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015

Agree, we have 2 QBs capable of win in a game of this magnitude. Agree EJ probably does have ‘game management’ ability (although not sure we’ve seen enough of him in varying situations and over a continuous period spanning multiple quarters to gauge that for sure. May see it soon if KT knee is <90%).

As much as Burrow will be slinging it around, I expect at least one pick by our hungry secondary.

Our D should limit LSU to 20 points or less. I think CDM can manage our O to produce 3 or more scores.

If our TO margin is break-even or (+) then I predict ...

FL 21
    LSU 20

• Like Like x 2
  12. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I like your post but I see it being a bit higher scoring than that (high 20's - low 30s), and the winning team winning by about 7 or 8.

Im still enjoying the great win over AU and will make a prediction later, but I will make these observations...

LSU has a better passing QB and WR corps than AU, but after that, AU is a better team than LSU is imo.

I see LSU having trouble running the ball on us and UF being able to score on their D.

But LSU's home field advantage will be big, but after our games in Orlando and at UK, we've faced some pressure so I know we have a legitimate chance to win in Red Stick.

When all is said and done, if we can make this about LSU exclusively depending upon their passing game against our pass rush and secondary, we definitely have a good chance to win... and when you actually consider it, even though LSU has three very good receivers, UF has about twice as many.

Keeping this game close and getting LSU into the fourth quarter will play to our advantage, where our athletic conditioning will come into play.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. goneagaingator

goneagaingator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    This might be my last pick of the season. Picking the score takes some of the fun out of watching.

28-20 LSU

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think Ed Orgeron is a below average head coach and a great recruiter. He was terrible at Ole Miss as their HC about 10 years ago and he'll slowly sink into mediocrity at LSU too. Everyone was surprised that he stayed their head coach after they ran Miles off. The kid's put together a great run for his job, but he's not a long term solution and that's the worst kept secret. He's a walking and talking stereotype of an idiot coach

The kid's do play strong for him, but until this year nobody accused him of being an offensive genius. I mean, LSU is hiding a debilitating weakness in plain site: their running game is non existent and they somehow have no depth at that position.

They don't have the excuse Florida does either. They actually have an OK OLine, but their OC is fixated on getting Burrows 350 yards passing a game. He's turned them into an extremely one-dimensional team and on the day that isn't working for them, they're dead in the water. They're not balanced because they know it wouldn't work

Bring in Florida, a team that can limit a passing attack and can punish a team who hasn't been playing honest. I can see a scenario where Burrows throws 4 TD and 4 INT.

They're also way overconfident for playing essentially no one. Every team they've faced so far has been below 100 in pass defense. Even their best win, Texas, has nearly lost their last two games against unranked teams.

Add to their defense playing really bad at times, I like Florida's chances

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Would like to see EJ in the red zone. Many will disagree because he has less experience but that’s where the lateral mobility and pocket presence is most important. Also where we need the additional option of quickness on the edge for elements of RZ playbook (including RPO and other option plays). EJ’s touch is plenty good for RZ passing including fades and 50-50s to our tall receivers.

Based on film, LSU will be selling out to pressure Trask in RZ counting on reduced lateral mobility from knee and blind-side fumbles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    Just take care of the ball. We have an elite defense, don’t put them in a bad spot with a TO deep in your territory.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill GC Legend

Feb 7, 2018
    We will need really good pass protection for our QB’s. And I hope our defense destroys theirs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Good point! Very possible that turnovers could be the difference in the game.

19. wterryiv

wterryiv Senior

Aug 16, 2010
    We will get at least 2 picks against LSU, one for 6. I'm seeing a low scoring game at half 13-10 or something. We come out in the second half and show we're the better conditioned team and roll to a 31-21 win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Legend

Jul 24, 2010
    Gators 17
    LSU 28

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.