Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Pouncey punches Cleveland player for beating Steelers QB with his own helmet . . deserves a medal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatordavisl, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    I'll say this, Pouncey will never have to buy a drink in a Pittsburgh bar ever again. Doesn't matter who the QB is from Bradshaw to Big Ben to the latest numb nutz QB today, if the other team cheap shots your QB you protect him. It's old school and it's Pittsburgh too.
    Right now Pouncey is the most popular man in the city. The op is 100% right, I wish our current Oline had a nasty mean streak.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    If Rudolph got flagged unnecessary roughness for grabbing Garrett's helmet and nothing was precipitated, this thread wouldn't exist. Nobody would care about a QB 15yd incident. That seems to be the extent of Rudolph's part in this. Or would we indict him for chasing after Garrett? Jawing at him? Those are all common occurrences on the field, whether flagged or not.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    That's funny. You just dont know why.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That and Rudolph is one of those guys that go out on a raid without needing their helm. That hit didn't even faze him.

5. trans25

trans25 Junior

Apr 22, 2007
    Take a guess!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I'll respectfully request that we not take a guess. It has nothing to do with this thread. Might be a good topic for Too Hot, but if I wanted to address "the guess," I'd have started this thread on Too Hot. How about we just discuss this situation and leave the hockey comparisons for another venue? :emoji_fingers_crossed:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. GatorSko

GatorSko Senior

Sep 22, 2014
    sanford,fl
    Nor do I give a damn. But you're the only one on here talking about "lifetime ban"
    That....young boy.... is an overreaction.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    MP is a Gator Great and now a Pittsburgh Legend!!! I miss Lisa Webster on the forum.

9. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    There are others who have said lifetime ban. Perhaps you should learn to read before running your fat mouth.

ETA- I shouldnt call you an asshole. You obviously suffer from internet tough guy syndrome or over compensating for a small penis.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Steeler QB started it kneeing him the groin and trying to rip his helmet off. He too should have been suspended.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Don't be surprised if the punishment is light. They're sort of painted into a corner. At the end of the day, willfully injuring a man doesn't make a dent in the court of public opinion. If they punish Garrett more for clubbing a man over the head once than they've punished players in the past for beating women senseless, they're going to have another PR mess on their hands.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  12. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Garett (whoever it was who ripped off the helmet) was the offender here and if all things were balanced in the world, he would be the only one penalized. You think anyone on the O-line is going to sit there and do nothing while part of their posse is getting stomped. Make no mistake, that's how it has to be and some take it to the limit and in the long run, he wants his QB to know he's got his back. More comfortable he is, the better he can do. Ripping is helmet and then hitting directly in the head with it? He should be gone for several games.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. mcogator

mcogator Senior

Nov 22, 2016
    Torrance, CA
    Rudolph makes $900k/yr, while Pouncey makes $9m/yr. So Pouncey being suspended for 3 games means he is losing $1.687m. I think Rudolph should buy Pouncey a steak dinner instead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. mcogator

mcogator Senior

Nov 22, 2016
    Torrance, CA
    But...this is the first time this has happened. Hockey players fight each other every game.

15. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I don't know if a permanent ban is warranted, but I could see the Browns releasing him. I just don't know enough about the guy to know for sure. That being said, if any one of us did that in real life, we would probably spent the weekend in the gray bar motel.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Patriots would scoop him up in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  17. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    If Cam Newton did what Mason Rudolph did by tugging at a defensive lineman’s helmet and kicking him in the groin, and then subsequently got walloped on the head with a helmet, you’d see a lot of people suddenly switch up their tone by saying “Well he's the QB, and a QB is supposed to lead by example, so he got what he had coming to him.” Tell me I’m lying...

• Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    They seem like a perfect fit. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. FusionGator

FusionGator Senior

Nov 15, 2015
    No. I also said lifetime ban and I stand by it. It's not am overreaction. And I'm even far from being a young boy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    I'm always amazed how humans process information. So many different takes on the same incident.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.