Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Pouncey punches Cleveland player for beating Steelers QB with his own helmet . . deserves a medal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatordavisl, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014

Interesting take. I think the NFL will disagree with you more than a little.
    Garret’s own teammates would not defend him. You should read their quotes.

2. FusionGator

FusionGator Senior

Nov 15, 2015

So what if Rudolph grabbed his helmet. The retaliation to that was to pick Rudolph up off the ground by his facemask until his helmet was ripped off his head. Then beat him over the top of the head with it. The devastation he could have caused......

If he could have, he would've continued to swing it at his head. That dude is a punk ass bitch. The NFL should give him a lifetime ban, no pension, no perks, no health insurance, make his name completely vanish from any official NFL records, documents, history, etc. Gone like smoke.

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  3. atlmover

atlmover All American

Feb 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Wonder what the legal implications are if any? Would that not be an assault in the "regular" world? Why is it just a NFL/League matter?

4. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    DeCastro responded the right way, wish Pouncey would have just done the same thing and tackled Garrett and laid down on him too, the punching and kicking looked bad tbh

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. stp_gator

stp_gator Senior

Nov 16, 2017
    St. Pete
    To me this is equivalent to a hockey player using his stick or skate to purposely injure an opponent. If I’m the commish, this is a one year suspension followed by one year probation where any personal foul or unnecessary roughness penalty would result in additional suspension. If the NFL doesn’t want this to happen again, the punishment needs to be painful.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. bionicgator

bionicgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Lynn Haven, FL
    Wasn't Mason Rudolph the player who was seriously concussed earlier in the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    This happened to Rudolph earlier in the season. Brutal shots with helmet on and helmet off. :eek:

8. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    The play was long dead. Garrett should have been arrested. The NFL doesn't have sovereign immunity to criminal statutes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Lifetime ban. Should have been arrested on the spot.

The other guy who cheap shouted the QB should be gone for the rest of the season and a 500k fine.

When I played, I was the toughest meanest sob on the planet, but even in the heat of the moment would never think to even engage a player when his helmet came off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I actually admire Pouncey for his passion and support of teammates. He protects and defends his team and punished those that take liberties with the rules.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 All American

Oct 9, 2011
    I get that too. Unfortunately he also lost his composure and went too far. The punches to the helmet were only a threat to himself, it was the kicking of a guy while he was pinned that the league is going to fault most.

But if I'm Rudolph I tell the home office whatever it costs Pouncey, take it from my paycheck, because if you have my back then I got yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I definitely agree that Garrett needs to be suspended for the season or get the maximum punishment possible for his actions.

I admire Pouncey for protecting his QB, and I think he'd have probably gotten off without punishment for the punch, but I think Pouncey needs to be disciplined by the league for the kick to the head. That was uncalled for, and even if you may think Garrett deserved it, the league can't let an intentional kick to the head to go unpunished. That could cause a serious injury too. You can't let players retaliate in that manner either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. hotelgator

hotelgator GC Legend

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    Pathetic.
    Sad.
    Unneeded.
    Unwarranted.
    Scummy.
    Thuggish.

The whole situation!!

That O dude who pushed down Rudolph after the whole thing is seriously in need of a Pouncy!(from here on in my life if someone needs an A$# kickin, it's you need a Pouncy) Rudolphs head jolts back as he is hit. I would've freaked out on that guy!!!
    Garrett would've scared the crap out of me to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. GatorSko

GatorSko Senior

Sep 22, 2014
    sanford,fl
    TRUTH IS...
    Mason didnt like how Miles Garrett took him to the ground.
    He then loses it and tries to rip off Garrett's helmet.
    Garrett snaps.
    Things got ugly.
    I blame Rudolph for instigating the fight.

• Agree x 4
    • Come On Man x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. GatorRider

GatorRider GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Pouncey = The Enforcer

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    There are players who beat women and children in the league still playing but this is what deserves a lifetime ban?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Agreed. After watching the replay I also noticed Rudolph kicks Garrett in the groin area. Garrett’s actions were despicable and he should be punished, but so should the person who provoked that reaction.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  18. merinker

merinker Senior

May 28, 2019
    LOL

19. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    How hard is Rudolph's head? Looked like a direct shot and it barely fazed him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GatorSko

GatorSko Senior

Sep 22, 2014
    sanford,fl
    So you never lost your cool? Probably never been in a fight lmao.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.