Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pouncey punches Cleveland player for beating Steelers QB with his own helmet . . deserves a medal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatordavisl, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Penultimate play in the Steelers/Browns game. Browns are up two touchdowns. After a short, meaningless Steelers completion. Myles Garrett has Steelers QB in his grasp. They go down in a tustle. Steelers QB Rudolph grabs Garrett's helmet and Garrett overreacts, ripping Rudolph's helmet off - then totally loses his cool and full on swings Rudolph's helmet at him and delivers a blow to the top of his head (with his own helmet).

Pouncey, who was near the action, goes MMA, punching and kicking Garrett. Form was a bit off and at first look, I thought Pouncey was the worst offender. At second look, he was defending his QB who just got slammed on the head with his own helmet. Some might not agree, but I can't blame Pouncey one bit here for protecting his QB.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    Don’t blame pouncey at all. I’m sick of the thug culture surrounding football. In the real world Garrett committed a felony and should do prison time. Imo he should be charged with a crime since it wasn’t part of an actual play. Football is borderline unwatchable because of these thugs. But pouncey did the right thing. I just wish he actually landed a punch and that Garrett’s helmet was off.

if that was my teammate, Garrett doesn’t make it to the locker room. Disgusting.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Come On Man x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Oh, Man..
    How I want to see the replay of that!!!
    Pouncey has always been a clean player, and stepping in to defend his QB, who was getting pummled in his head with his own helmet was just inexcusable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 All American

Oct 9, 2011
    Whole thing was nuts. There are multiple Browns players who need major suspensions - Garrett, and Ogunjobi for sure.

But also notice how the ref backed off once it got ugly. He clearly knew the players had no fear of him.

That tells you a lot about what the league will tolerate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. mtxlife214

mtxlife214 Senior

Oct 24, 2013
    NFL needs to make a statement with Garrett....end his season. Pouncey will prob get a suspension for throwing a punch and kick but he really shouldnt, Dude clubbed his qb with a weapon.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. number1

number1 NBN Bracket Master

Oct 9, 2011
    At that point the ref knew it got personal and was beyond him being able to stop it. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ThomasD89

ThomasD89 All American

Oct 9, 2011
    Watching Garrett live right now answering questions. Seems almost indifferent, says he was wrong, but his demeanor does not comport with his words at all.

Now Ogunjobi says he got involved to defend Garrett. But rather than going after Pouncey or anyone else on Garrett he instead cheap shots Rudolph while his back is turned.

Sociopath.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    This is how I see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Ugly incident, but honestly I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    I’ve watched several replays of that incident. And good for Pouncey! He was right there and responded to that low life Garrett. Helmets are not light! I would hope Rudolph has an MRI of his brain. I’ve just had one on my brain. Hope it’s not a bad result and no, I wasn’t hit with a Football helmet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He caught him good with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steveGator52

steveGator52 All American

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Rudolph was no innocent. He took offense to Garrett hitting him to the ground by grabbing Garrett’s helmet. He instigated this whole mess and will probably get off with no punishment.

Rudolph threw a couple of picks earlier in the 4th quarter that ended any chance of the Steelers coming back. He needed to back off, and instead started yapping at Garrett with 2 Steeler’s oline backing him up. Rudolph got pissy, and after this mess ended, he was smirking and laughing it up in the huddle.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Epic brawl. Agree Garrett should be out 5 games or rest of season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Garret's a definite scumbag....

If the NFL doesn't take action against him...or worse..if they try to penalize Pouncey for defending him...then it's just a travesty, and will expose the NFL to be nothing more than the old XFL, where they had an almost "no holds barred" policy....

Overall...it was reminicient of a Mickey Andrews "thuggery 101" class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. gators94

gators94 Freshman

Oct 15, 2018
    I don’t care that Mason was talking with people in front, Garrett is a grown ass man. What he did was disgusting! Should be suspended for the season, no pay... and honestly I struggle to say he should be in the NFL after that. Ripped off Mason’s helmet AFTER the play, then used the helmet as a weapon.
    Pouncey was just protecting his teammate, he should not be suspended at all. While I admit that the kick doesn’t look good, but he just saw Garrett assault his QB, his teammate, perhaps his friend... tell me one of us that wouldn’t do the same?

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Roid rage

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Suspend him for 4 games and fine him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    The Garrett late hit and Rudolph retaliation should have ended it. Typically it’s offsetting penalties and life goes on. Some form of this happens multiple times every Saturday and Sunday

Garrett then escalated it well beyond what we’ve seen

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Wouldn’t want to be Garrett the next time these teams meet. I think Pouncey will be out to wreck him.

Bush league move by Garrett - I thought he was a class act - guess not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.