Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pouncey Pissed

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by akaGatorhoops, Feb 26, 2020.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I think not coming from wealth or having role models to guide you creates challenges for younger individuals that suddenly come into significant money. You have seen studies of lottery winners, regardless of age, that lose everything as well. Whether a Mike Tyson in boxing or a MC Hammer in music, there are many examples of wasting a hundred million dollars.

these individuals think this income stream will last forever, rather than realizing I need this money to last for the next 50 years. They spend money on expensive jewelry, multiple cars and houses, their relatives join the payroll, they have friend groups hanging on, they fly private jets, they invest in restaurants with their name on them that go belly up, they make poor investments, and then they have to pay their agent and Uncle Sam a large part of their annual income in a high tax bracket. Rare that you find a player with the foresight to negotiate a contract like Bobby Bonilla did with the Mets that continues to pay him a million dollars a year to this day.

the above does not even mention the divorces where the ex-wife gets half of the multiple baby mommas where they have to provide child support for the next 18 years. Many players and entertainers go broke simply from the divorce and child support process.

2. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    But it'll run over a semihole, a puppy or a tiger like nobody's business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Do I remember correctly: Was it Vince Young buying ALL the seats on flights home?