Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Potential NCAA violations at Texas A & M

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by INGATORSWETRUST, Nov 26, 2019.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    OTL: A&M, others may have broken medical rules

Not sure I agree with the premise of complete independence, as the Head Football trainer is effectively the football coach for the 5 months of year the football coach can’t have contact with the team. It is important to have someone that understands your system and that you trust in that role. Urban hired Mariotti at UF and brought him to Ohio State for that reason. I understand that team physicians should have medical independence, but unsure with regard to the Head Trainer role.

2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I suppose most people in Florida will not see this as an unusual situation, considering any time you have a workplace injury, you are sent to the company's chosen physician rather than your own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    upload_2019-11-26_17-12-17.png

Damn long article, but that jacket fits dumbo like a potato sack, certainly he can buy a better fitting suit off the rack or heaven forbid, a tailor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I was under the impression that Mariotti was the Strength coach not the head medical trainer. Was that incorrect?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chantweaver

Chantweaver GC Legend

May 7, 2008
    No you are correct, he is strength coach.

6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Thanks. I may be misinformed as to roles. I thought the S&C coach in football was the football athletic trainer and the off-season coach coordinating efforts when the head coach can’t have contact. I thought this is who the article was speaking of when they discussed the coach bringing their own guy with them from other programs. I did not think this person was a Medicsl doctor, but you would likely know better than me.

7. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Shocker that Franklin and and Jimbo’s names came up in conjunction with shady behavior.
    I like A&M, but I hope they have to eat that contract like an episode of fear factor where someone is forced is forced to eat cockroaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

9. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    If Jimbo gets sanctioned, I’ll feel about the same way I did when OJ was convicted for armed robbery, kidnapping et al. Very weak reason to indict a normal person under normal circumstances. But the circumstances aren’t normal when the accused already got away with so much worse at an earlier time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Well Jimbo did learn from Saban