Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post-Game Discussion: FLORIDA vs Georgia

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Oct 29, 2022.

1. volungator

volungator All American

Spot on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    While a lot of that is true, Meyer was left with enough talent to win 9 games with Zook's recruits in his first year. He also had a guy starting at QB who had been a starter for 2 years when he arrived. Napier doesn't have that luxury, which is the point I was trying to make. Far more gaping holes and lack of talent on this year's team than in 2005 when Meyer took over.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. ofmgator12

ofmgator12 Junior

Jul 23, 2022
    AR is most effective when he's rolling out so I hate calls that make him a pocket passer. Secondly we tried to run inside too much against a big, strong defense that killed us in the first half. Billy needs some big time recruits and different coordinators in order to make this work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. volungator

volungator All American

It appears AR doesn't have it between the ears. I'm not trying to be mean. No different than pointing out that an athlete lacks the physical speed to play a certain position. Phenomenal athlete though. I'd love to see him playing another position.

5. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Typically they only give it up when job is on the line and told to by AD.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gatorempire

gatorempire GC Legend

Jul 23, 2021
    Certainly not saying everyone can be "saved," but a complete clean house is a bad idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. gatorempire

gatorempire GC Legend

Jul 23, 2021
    Interestingly, I think his problem is he's thinking too much.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    I have to agree and I'm still dumbfounded how many gator fans have anointed him as the next Mahommes. Week after week the excuses come, he's hurt, he's young, this is his first start, bad wr's, and so on. He remains a 50 something percentage passer, inconsistent as all get out, he seems reluctant to run most times. If one looks at his overall stats of every college snap it's average at best.
    He throws as many int's as td's. To me, he is more like Franks, will occasionally wow you. To even think he might go pro is comical. Now the hope is he will improve next year, maybe he will maybe he won't. The thing is, will BN hitch his wagon to AR like DM hitched his to Franks and EJ? Will there be an open and honest qb competition? Personally I doubt it. How far can this team go without a consistent throwing qb?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    Even though they hate us, true, they certainly didn't fear us. They regarded us as maybe just a tad better than vandy, so their best wasn't needed. Im sure they were looking ahead to the UT game as we would be if we were in their shoes. Heck, they were 22 point favorites, if that doesn't say easy I don't know what does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    How do you know this? I suspect some here thought Franks would do the same while the better passer sat on the bench.

11. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Did spurrier ever go lightly on Georgia when they were down? We know the answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    Why all of a sudden run in the second half instead of the first? Yes, he tweaked his leg but he sure ran away from defenders without a limp. And why does he never keep the ball on a qb option, it's always handing it off in the middle for no gain when the outside is wide open. He showed no gimpyness in the second half and at least his running opened things up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    Our team didn't seem too fired up from the get go, a bit same for the UT game, the question is, BN is a very low key guy who doesn't seem to take rivalry games as serious as fans, so does the team reflect that demeanor? Personally, college is an emotional game to an extent, I just wonder how big of a motivator he is? Or is it all that important? I do know this, SOS and UM took rivalry games serious. And the thing is, when SOS played uga, typically uga had the better talent.

14. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    man im not meaning LITERALLY get rid of everyone that was a Mullen recruit lol

16. gainesvillegreen44

gainesvillegreen44 All American

Nov 5, 2015
    Omnipresent
    The big off season question is - will CBN stubbornly dig into this system he runs on offense, thinking the advantages to a 2nd year ij this system and the potential to open up more plays will be better than running
    Something more aggressive and modern but having to start all over. I’ve seen enough to know/ this isn’t gonna work. There are elements that CAN work but not to win titles. It just won’t. USC, Bama, Tennessee, clemson, Ohio st - every team in the top 15 - all running something faster and more wide open. Georgia is the most conservative of the championship caliber teams and they are still more wide open than us. It has to be addressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. staticgator

staticgator GC Legend

Nov 27, 2016
    Yes this did not feel like a serial killer level coach like Spurrier or Meyer or even Smart last year extracting vengeance on us. This felt more like a 90s FSU team that was just way better than us and only had to kind of try.

18. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    Napier may not be the Gators coach for too long. I hate it because he seems to be a nice, passionate guy, but his system is not going to succeed here.

When he got hired, a lot of us who knew very little about his style asked about the type of offense he runs, and I don’t think we came to an agreement on a clear answer.

By the time he starts to make small improvements, the other teams around us have also done the same but to a greater extent and our program will just be playing catch-up

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    We're in the talent acquisition stage...shuffling the current players around ain't gonna do diddly squat. Some kids from the portal might give immediate help next year. Then a few years of recruiting will complete it. If we're not winning big then- um, Huston, we have a problem.

Putting a tennis ball in a tennis can with a lit M-80 won't make it to orbit. Som bitch will disappear into the sky though. But time and engineering will probably get it done with some serious funding.

They are engineering and compiling the parts to make this all work.

Respectfully, if you are so certain that this will fail, you should run out immediately and buy a few Power Ball tickets. Maybe you know something we don't and can tell the future. Just saying...

Go Gators.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    This season hinged a lot on whether AR could take the next step, and unfortunately he didn’t.

On the very rare occasion that he does make a play, it looks amazing and is a highlight reel. But that’s about the only thing he has going.

He is basically a QB reincarnation of Andre Debose