Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post-Game Discussion: FLORIDA at Missouri

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Nov 18, 2023.

1. gatorade

gatorade All American

Oct 21, 2014
    Well, I am a Bull gator and attend meetings regularly so I have a bit more to base this off of.
    FWIW, I am not saying he should be fired. I like him personally. So ease up on the insults.
    You also fail to realize that we have a new University President. Have you met him? I have. You in our meetings with regards to funding? Things are changing.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Terrifying thought, conservative when he has been given a pass on having to win now, can't imagine it changes when we actually expect him to win games.

3. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    coaching conservatively is not the same as coaching scared

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    getting ran over is one thing…..but HOW IS THIS NOOOOOOT PICKED OFF? Man Brad Stewart, Stiner, Brad Davis, or Trey Dean picks this off. Why don’t our secondary attack the ball?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm going to venture a guess that if Napier benched max for that, you'd be here losing it .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I've noticed all year that we don't swarm to the ball like really good defenses do. If the first tackler doesn't wrap up, it's off to the races. Seems like that should be able to be taught, it's not just instinct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Major Wright or Reggie Nelson (or Lawrence Wright) would have laid him out, not gotten run over.

8. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Play calling for lead is not the same as play calling for the win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I've been concerned by this as well. They see the first defender getting there and pull up a little. and if the first defender doesn't make the tackle, they don't have enough speed to catch back up. Got to fly to the ball until the whistle blows.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    They are chasing from behind and don’t see the play

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HisDoc

HisDoc GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    A walk on would have replaced him at QB.

12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

What in my post are you disagreeing with? The last thing I want is for UF to fire Coach Napier. You post a bunch of questions without saying anything except you’re a Bull Gator and you’ve met Dr. Sasse. So beyond that, what’s your point?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Napier always seems to love running the ball, regardless of the situation. And that goes back to his time at Louisiana as well.

Take that for what you will.

Personally, I'm actually a fan of that, but you need to be built for that to work and we're not right now. Hopefully we will be. He's shown that he's not going to change his team's identity around personnel. He's going to recruit personnel to match the identity he wants. Is that a good thing or bad thing? Depends on who you ask. Mullen was the opposite and look where that got him for what that's worth.

14. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    To consistently be able to run the ball, or even effectively spread the field in the passing game, you've got to have an elite offensive line. Despite all the small mistakes here and there, youth all over the place, questionable coaching decisions, etc., etc., to me it ALL starts and ends with the guys in the trenches. We do not currently have the type of offensive and defensive fronts we need to compete for an SEC title. We have not gotten many of the 4 and 5 star kids at those positions and are, also, not developing what we have into top notch SEC-caliber players. The coaches who have taken over SEC programs over the last 20 years have started by acquiring elite talent and depth up front, along with a top-tier QB, and then built from there. We need to do that or we're going to remain a .500 team, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    3 INT’s in 11 games, along with 4 fumble recoveries. #127 in the country, only 1 team has less, Temple.

16. gatorbait23

gatorbait23 Junior

Nov 10, 2017
    We only played two true freshman on the DL though. Kelby and Searcy. They’ve held their own all season long.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. gatorbreeder

gatorbreeder Junior

Jun 23, 2023
    I think post altering is the biggest hall monitor task an admin can partake in. It's absolutely petty, because, they're simply toeing the party line.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. gatorade

gatorade All American

Oct 21, 2014
    "We have had 5 different head coaches in a 14 year span. How’s that working for us? Hopefully SS and the Bull Gators are way smarter than you are"

You said the above and I said I am a Bull Gator. Also the snide remark in "way smarter than you."
    Well I am one of them. I hope we don't fire him either. Always super friendly, engaging in person.
    Unfortunately that doesn't always translate and being in some of those rooms, members are, well, fickle given all the money given and spent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. gatorpjb

gatorpjb All American

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    I think everyone (at least the ones that are “really” Gator fans) are tired of the constant turnover in coaches, but you did insinuate at least a level of lesser intelligence on Gatorade’s part.
    I don’t personally know either of you. Gatorade may or may not be a Bull Gator… I suspect he is, if that is the case I “think” he is saying quite a bit without being too obvious.
    I don’t think it’s a surprise to very many that Dr. Sasse has a much different approach and set of expectations than previous administrations, seemingly he will be much more of a driver in coaching decisions than past Presidents… at least in football and basketball.
    I think you are a great Gator fan skink, and like many of us you tend to wear your feelings on your sleeve.
    Personally I would give Coach Napier a full 4 years, but you and I both know that decision will be made above our heads.
    Gatorade has seemingly given us some insight into what the mind set of the person who has the ultimate power is, we may not like it or agree with it, but that doesn’t change what appears to be the thought process at the top.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. StonewallJawkson

StonewallJawkson GC Legend

Aug 10, 2007
    This. It was Senior Night and Missouri introduced 40 seniors. 40! By comparison, we have 3.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3