Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Post-Game Discussion: Arkansas at FLORIDA

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Nov 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator_in_georgia

gator_in_georgia GC Hall of Fame

Jun 4, 2007
    “By far…”.

2. gator_in_georgia

gator_in_georgia GC Hall of Fame

Jun 4, 2007
    Mizzou is going to beat the piss out of the Gators. It won’t even be close.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    You mean like last week in Jax where we only marched down the field to score a TD?

4. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    And that's why a good head coach has good coordinators and a special teams guy. So he can focus on game management and all the little nuances that are needed.

Time management and use of time outs being a huge component of that.

It should be even more obvious this is the missing link for us. I thought after the Kentucky loss something might be done. Today's embarrassing loss is even worse and HOPEFULLY will be the catalyst we need for SOMETHING to be done.

We don't need a new head coach. We just need a better play caller and a special teams coach.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Buy in from all facets. That’s what it takes in this new NIL era. Not 90s with Spurrier or early 00s with Meyer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. charliecasey

charliecasey Senior

Feb 8, 2017
    Dec.4th (start of portal) and Dec 20th (early signing date) will be Billy’s victory lap or his days that will live in infamy.

7. toprowgator

toprowgator All American

Jun 24, 2019
    That will be the next step as I think it is obvious as to which direction UF is heading.

8. rj_gator

rj_gator Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Nobody is saying our academics are directly "driving our football team into the ground" but both are happening at the same time. The fact is, from what we've seen the last decade or so, the administration has emphasized academic excellence while hiring mediocre coach after mediocre coach for their major sports teams. There is no denying that.

9. cron78

cron78 GC Legend

Feb 25, 2022
    I’m worried that we do still have some players that do not give it their all, but that any additional purging would result in even fewer bodies to contribute (on occasion). I do think that this season is lost and that going forward the coaches need to toughen up practices, increase S&C as much as possible, and start building next year’s team. It doesn’t matter to me if a few exit to the portal; nor do I care any more whether we lose by 3 or 30 if our future team gets reps and learns to work together. We have not jelled this year and that is from coaching and not being able to field the right guys in the right positions. The few stars that have shone are wonderful but cannot carry an entire team.

10. RayGator

RayGator Administrator Emeritus Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    First, those Black uniforms were so horrible and depressing. Couldn’t believe I was watching our Gators on the field. Hopefully it doesn’t ever happen again! We are the FLORIDA GATORS!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. RipCurl

RipCurl Junior

Apr 7, 2010
    Truth.

BN really needed wins against Utah and Arky to show some improvement from last year and get to 7 wins. Assuming we lose out the rest of this year, he’s going to be going into a wicked 2024 schedule on the hot seat.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Not only that, but with BN just winning 6 games is a goal. Shows just how far we have fallen. But don't worry, everything will be "evaluated'

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. r0r080

r0r080 Senior

Jul 31, 2019
    By attempting to substitute you have to allow the defense an opportunity to also substitute, the ref can hold play until that process is completed....so the clock continues to run......

Someone not in the field of play...(typically a coach who should understand the dynamics of the remaining time left on the clock) and the need to stop the clock so your FG kicker is in the best possible position to kick the FG to hopefully win the game. So does sending subs in at the point seem like the ideal thing to do, or do you allow your QB to hurriedly line up to snap th ball so he can ground the ball to stop the clock? Napier should have never attempted to substitute at that point....what's the point of it anyways?.....Your QB needs to get a snap off to be able to stop the clock....it cost the Gators 5 yards and a more difficult FG to be made.........I expect my 7 million dollar HBC to understand things like that, and what needs to be done to put your team in the best possible position to win ball games!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. toprowgator

toprowgator All American

Jun 24, 2019
    While also allowing us to fall behind in the facilities arms race. The big boosters will hopefully sort things out soon. I don't care either way. I'd just like to know if I can use academic standards as an excuse to losing to Vandy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    Seems if we can't field a good team, we go for gimmicks. We've added a baton on the sidelines, maybe next year our team will come out in jetpacks.

16. toprowgator

toprowgator All American

Jun 24, 2019
    When I saw that stupid prop come out at the beginning of the season, I knew we were in trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I’m sure it’s been addressed but it wasn’t a two point try the hold was terrible and the Holder tried to make a play.
    Not the first bad hold this year.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. strulock

strulock Junior

Sep 2, 2017
    I am 48 yrs old, been a Gator fan as long as I can remember following college football.
    This year, for the first time as far back as I can remember I find myself looking for excuses to NOT watch Gators football on Saturdays. Not hard to do either- do something I enjoy or something constructive I need to do- or watch a consistent shit show

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Mikog8tor

Mikog8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    that would be cool

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gator34654

Jun 5, 2007
    I agree with you, however with all the previous hires for assistants including DC, how confident are you that he will hire the right one? I'm not. His record imho has been awful.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.