Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Possible funny business in Texas

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Feb 24, 2020.

1. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Frankly, there are quite a few things that prevent just anybody from voting and/or voting as often as they like beyond voter ID. For example, voter registration handles much of the issues. Even in states without IDs, you need to be a verified registered voter. I would say let's see how serious Republican concerns are about voter fraud versus just too may people that they don't like voting. Do you think Republicans would take the following deal: voter ID, but free IDs available at very convenient locations for all residents of the state (let's say no more than 5-10 miles away for any resident), home ID services for those that are disabled or otherwise unable to easily get to offices, and automatic voter registration for all voters?

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I feel the need to offer an apology to OklahomaGator. I responded harshly towards him while venting my frustration with elected officials in my state. I don't appreciate the way they run with unverified accusations and conspiracies to justify erecting barriers to voting. It's beneath the office. Our government officials should be encouraging people to vote and working to earn their vote, not trying to prevent them from getting to the polls.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1