Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Portal unkind to Samford

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by jhfxof, Jul 5, 2021.

1. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Moving on up. That's how life works.

3. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    I guess..my question is why werent Carlson & DiChiara at Au to start with(they both start from get go )... Maybe they got some new endorsement deals. Still should have to sit a year IMO.

4. jdgator

jdgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You don't have to sit out anymore when your coach leaves.

5. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Or ever anymore no matter the reason... Wish you still had to except for very good reason.

6. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Major conferences particularly those in warm weather are going to continue to separate themselves from everyone else, including schools like Samford.

Their best players will move on to SEC caliber competition, while guys who can't cut at the highest levels will move down in order to get playing time.

7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

That’s the new recruiting pool. No need to look at Junior Colleges

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    yep.. its awful IMO... but good news for AU baseball I guess...lol

Along w/ NIL decision things are looking up.. I guess there is already a baseball only fund thing rumored to be started. Similar to what Miami football released today. No idea if true, but Im assuming all will do similar. Or ones that need to to get back to even playing field.

Baseball team picture for Yellow Wood Lumber, and 'Papa' Rayne covers each players bill to play baseball at Auburn. Like the good ole days...;)

On a related note I hear AU is already screwing up in NIL thing..telling players who/what they can or cant endorse.. No nike for example... or what? they go to Bama...lol. No beer/liquor companies was another

18 years olds have all the power now,,smh.. Sure you can take scholarship away still for 'no reason' if you want. But how much value is that to a kid w/ a nike deal?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    NIL has basically turned college sports into a free agency market. Before NIL, kids were getting money from McDonalds bags and runners for years. Now it's been commercialized.

• Agree Agree x 1