Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pope Francis compares Trump to King Herod who tried to kill Jesus and innocent children

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Dec 9, 2019.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    - Global religious leaders
    - US military, diplomatic and intelligence leaders, as well as DOJ leaders and former Federal Prosecutors
    - Leaders of allied nations, and allied factions like the Kurds
    - Scientists... and anyone who values our environment and our health
    - Every bank in the world (except the one that launders the most money for the Russians)
    - Contractors who've done business with him
    - Students of his "university"
    - Many women who mistakenly got within arm's reach
    - Latinos, black Americans, and most other minorities

What do they have in common?

Distrust of our President, and contempt for his actions. For good reasons.

But Putin is a big fan. David Duke, too. So Trump's got that going for him.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Good thing Russia won the election for him in 2016.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    No proof one way or another what level of impact Russia had, but Russia definitely did interfere in the election in his favor. And the election was razor thin in enough states for that to have been the difference.

More to the point, Trump thinks he needs interference from foreign nations to win, as is evident by his repeated actions soliciting and now extorting another nation to interfere in our election.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Yeah man, Russia loves a strong American economy with a built up military. They also love more sanctions put on them. I can totally see why they would root for BAD ORANGE MAN!

5. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    It was a Q&A session with Jesuits. He was asked about immigration. He was not asked about pedophilia.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    What they love is Trump repeatedly undercutting our NATO allies, ceding territory to them in the Mideast, and intentionally dividing our nation with the same white nationalist propaganda the Putin is using throughout the developed world to divide western countries.

So yeah, they love bad orange man. And probably have significant leverage over him from all his ventures in the country and with the only bank in the world that will lend to Trump - the one that launders billions of dollars for the Russians.

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    Malcolm Nance, a veteran of 35 years in U.S. intelligence community specializing in cryptology, cyber-warfare, and counterterrorism intelligence wrote a book on why Russia chose Trump to further Putin's aims and how Trump is aiding them. Trump and Putin seek to raise Russia's place in the world and sow confusion and mistrust in the institutions of the western world to that end. I see it everyday. Its on sale at Amazon - $12.99.

[​IMG]

OR
    Amazon.com: a warning: Books
    [​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    our intelligence agencies said so.

and borrowing to the hilt isn’t necessarily a successful model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Malcom Nance is a left wing hack suffering from TDS (and incredibly dumb).
    That’s like me sending you a book written by Glenn Beck to attempt to prove a point.

10. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Mmmm. I wonder if the popes comments are in regards to some saying trump is chosen.

11. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    I agree borrowing isn’t a successful model but you leftists never have a problem with it when it’s a Democrat congress or Democrat President doing it. You’re only fiscally responsible when it’s convenient to be so for political purposes and to score political points.

12. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    Yes, of course. Expected response. Carry on. Yay team. I hope our republic survives this President. What is your take on the other two books I posted that say the same thing?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Seems to be some confusion, Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is the extreme form of Narcissistic Personality Disorder displayed by the current POTUS. It's not well reasoned criticism of Donald Trump from someone like Malcolm Nance.
    By the way, this is what the late Charles Krauthammer, conservative columnist and board certified psychiatrist who coined the term "Bush Derangement Syndrome" had to say about Trump.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...6bae34-5a69-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html
    The column was written before Trump's election. His three in years in office has proven that Krauthammer's analysis was dead on.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. obgator

obgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Everyone knows the Pope is a Hillary plant.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    If Christ himself returned and publicly denounced Trump, MAGA nation would accuse him of being in the Deep State and suffering from TDS.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Yeah, Christians like Pelosi! Please!!

17. cpgator

cpgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Quoting the most relevant portion of the original article from La Civiltà Cattolica - Catholic periodical published by the Jesuits in Rome

The phenomenon of refugees has always existed, but today it is better known because of social differences, hunger, political tensions and especially war. For these reasons, migratory movements are intensifying. What is the answer the world gives? The policy of waste. Refugees are waste material. The Mediterranean has been turned into a cemetery. The notorious cruelty of some detention centers in Libya touches my heart. Here in Asia we all know the problem of the Rohingya. I must admit that I am shocked by some of the narratives I hear in Europe about borders. Populism is gaining strength. In other parts there are walls that even separate children from parents. Herod comes to mind. Yet for drugs, there’s no wall to keep them out.

As I told you, the phenomenon of migration is compounded by war, hunger and a “defensive mindset,” which makes us in a state of fear believe that you can defend yourself only by strengthening borders.
    At the same time, there is exploitation.

18. creekgator

creekgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Yea. I was going to vote for Hillary but some Russian dude named Igor told me to vote for Trump

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If Trump had been crucified with Christ, instead of saying, "Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom," he would have said, "This is a witch hunt and a hoax."

20. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    There's more to be concerned about when Republicans do it. They cut taxes and increase spending. It's a less viable model.