Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Poll: Would you go to a Gator football game vs. LSU if it was tomorrow?

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by SJB612, Apr 17, 2020.

If there was a gator football game against LSU tomorrow, would you go?

1. Yes

85 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. Yes, but only if capacity was reduced to keep 6 ft apart

15 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. No

117 vote(s)
    53.9%
  1. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Curious how many folks would go to a game if there was one tomorrow and it was allowed by the government?

2. Zepgator

Zepgator All American

Oct 18, 2010
    I would in a second. Now if it was against New Mexico State, I might pass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gatuar

Gatuar GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2008
    Ponte Vedra Beach
    Totally comfortable w Sept 1st assuming continued progress ...glad the country appears to be leaning toward opening up in phases

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I'm not isolated enough where it would be responsible for me to go...

I would feel horrible if I got sick, then got somebody sick that cannot afford to get sick...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yes wearing my full-face respirator :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    It's a brave new world- I'll say that much. I hope I can live a few extra years of my life to make up for missing Gator football. After reading that home page article here on GC I just jabbed a pair of scissors into my carotid artery. I hope they're not wearing those freaking masks in heaven.

This blows. I bought tons of food for the Apocalypse and ate it all in the first two weeks. They started opening Costco early for geezers, so I thought, well, this is cool. I showed up and there were more than a 1,000 old farts standing in line. It made 10 AM look like fun! So I'm back to pretending I'm young again.

Kids will be getting PhD's pretty soon if they keep handing out eligibility passes...

Go Gators.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes, as long as it was in Gainesville. I will NEVER go back to Baton Rouge, extinction-level event or not. Tigah fans, on game day, are bad in YOUR hometown. In theirs, they’re absolutely insufferable.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    No way I would get into a crowd of Gator and Tiger fans until this virus is under control to my satisfaction Publix is dangerous enough even with my Gator mask!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    The fact that more than half voted yes is a scary state of affairs.

This is not SARS. h1n1, or even HIV/AIDS

We don’t know what it exactly IS yet and we’re in the pandemic phase. If it’s rrue that it can “reactivate” if it can do that like shingles and chickenpox virus (which is, at the moment, a thought not a fact, but if it’s true AND it mutates over the summer when it comes back in fall, it will just kill off the elderly even if you got it as a younger person which would just mean that overnight the virus would lower the life expectancy of humans by 20 years over night.

I live in Cali and we would literally see the slowing after everyone here takes it seriously.

I love my home state of Florida but so often embarrassed by it.

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Come On Man x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. Pnick81

Pnick81 Junior

Feb 1, 2015
    I’d go to a UF/famu game if available. And no worries about a pandemic. I’ve been seeing pts with covid symptoms since early November. I’d be shocked if most people haven’t been exposed already and built antibodies. Just my two cents.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    Tomorrow probably not but come football season yes regardless of how this transpires from here on out.

So if this flares up again a few weeks or months after it subsides do we shut down again? Assuming a vaccine takes a while ...do we stop living life again or do we look for alternatives in handling this?

I'd do what I'm doing now. Living my life and being considerate of the high risk populations Many of who I think are not necessarily doing the same out of ignorance, denial or otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I would not go as I could not trust the people around me to have practiced self isolation for the past 30 days. Too many people that still are traveling around and out in public spreading the virus. If everyone had self isolated on their home for 15 days, this could have passed, but we instead have people out at the beach, jogging, going to grocery stores, picking up take out, going to gas stations, ... just buy what you need for 15 days and then stay inside. Understand if you are a healthcare worker, first responder and other heroes, but not going in a crowded stadium with people that are reckless and infect others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. I would rather die after watching a Gator game than sit here waiting for the coronavirus to find me cowering in my basement.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

It is not cowering to try to protect others whom you may infect. The point is to be protective of others who may suffer. For that reason alone, I would not go.

Thank you for pointing out the problem that it is not about you...it is for the public good. Public good is a concept forgotten by many and is more patriotic than misguided allegiances to "Gator football," or any other "person rights."

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 2
    • Come On Man x 2
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  15. Matherly87

Matherly87 VIP Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Maybe so but you could still go to an FSU home game and practice extreme social distancing. Oh yeah, you might want to bring a good book.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. toprowgator

toprowgator Freshman

Jun 24, 2019
    Yeah, so much to be proud of in California ...
    At least you tree huggers are leading the charge on plastic. Saving the world one straw at a time. LOL

• Come On Man x 6
    • Like x 5
    • Funny x 5
    • Dislike x 2
    • Off-topic x 2
    • Creative x 1
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

If you knew that 3 people would die in separate car wrecks on the way home from the game, and one of those people would kill someone else in their wreck, would you go? That is roughly the % chance. I voted yes, but might be a bit nervous on the way home.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    the public that may have issues- elderly and compromised - are also able to make the decision to isolate And stay safe. Doesn’t mean that those who have little to no risk need to if those that are higher risk continue to shelter and stay home. Fans who did attend a game would still not come in contact with those who are high risk so how are ‘others’ hurt in this scenario?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    You could inject Covid-19 into my right arm and Ebola into my left arm while I am forced to eat an asbestos sandwich and I would still attend the game.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Of course I’d go to the game if I were able to do so! I’m a Gator! That’s it!

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1