Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Poll: Which would you rather have...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GratefulGator, Aug 2, 2020.

Which would you rather have...

1. A truncated Fall football season (10 games) with no/limited crowds

36 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. A full regular Spring football season with full crowds?

32 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The reason for the sudden drop the last few days is because they stopped testing in south Florida for Isaias.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    No doubt that is true. But, the downward trend goes back to July 12th in Florida.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    yeah, I'm just saying it didn't drop from an average of about 9,500 per day to 4,000. The drop is from about 10,000 to 9,500.

All the daily cases numbers are borderline irrelevant anyway because they are completely dependent on the number of people being tested.

What matters is the infection rate. Was the peak really July 12, or did just a crap load of people get tested that day?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Not sure. I do think that people that come to get tested from the general population (not healthcare workers, etc.) are generally sick with something, so, I'm not sure how much that number means either. Shouldn't a large percentage of those who feel the need to get tested because they're feeling symptoms test positive? Random test postive percentages on the street would be truly telling, but, that's probably impossible to do logistically.

So, in short, I can hope.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  5. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    I’ll take the one that has the Gators selected as National Champs for their 4th crystal football - since UGA won their last.

• Like Like x 3
  6. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I'll have what you're drinking......

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    I was thinking though about how freaking hot and humid those September games are and maybe the fans wouldn't mind staying home for those and watching in the AC on TV instead.

I haven't looked at the game times but I know many have been scheduled as late in the day as possible that time of year to help mitigate the brutal conditions.

8. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    I am thinking about starting another poll about this poll. I am interested to see if there is any correlation to how those who answered this poll and what their political affiliations are. In the new poll, usernames will not be displayed with the answers, so no one will ever know how you voted in the poll.