Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

POLL: If it were you would you stay and fight or leave?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by slightlyskeptic, Mar 8, 2022.

Would you say and fight or leave?

1. Stay and fight the Ruskie bastids:

47 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. Leave and live with your decision for the rest of your life:

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    The women are fighting too

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Of course its a fantasy, we arent being invaded and you arent going to do jack except post on a message board about how you'd totally answer the call if something you admit wont happen somehow happened. You might as well tell us you'd lead the Gators to the championship if they'd only let you call the plays. Or that you could charm a supermodel into your bed if you could get her alone in your gentleman's lair. Its just as testable, in that it isn't at all.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. gatorjd95

gatorjd95 All American

Mar 6, 2009
    I'm middle aged, trim, but not in fighting shape (gotta get back to an exercise regimen), etc. Even so, I'd stay and fight after I made sure that wife and daughter were secure/safe somewhere. I have guns, know how to shoot and had training in military/survival tactics when I was young. Our son is only 18, but is big and athletic - he also has experience with guns and survival training. I would not pressure him to stay - he has (hopefully) a very long life ahead of him and a lot to contribute. I want to live a lot longer, but I've done my primary job of marrying, raising great kids, and providing a good life for them. Of course, I also understand that I would need to follow orders of others who know better than me. I'd hate for me to be a reason why others were injured or goals not achieved.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I don't think there's anything wrong with engaging in what-ifs. If you are honest with yourself, it can be very enlightening.

For instance: if I was calling plays for the Gators, I'd be getting a nice buyout at the end of the year.

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    See, this I can believe!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    I want to add I think it’s way more honest to admit that you don’t want to fight. I know American men love to fantasize about war and shit but once the dying starts I bet way fewer people want to fight than they may believe sitting safe at home in their chairs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. icequeen_

icequeen_ GC Hall of Fame

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Yes I know :) they're formidable. My point of that was that even if you can't fight there are other ways to help. I can't shoot the broad side of a barn standing right in front of it (one of my negatives for getting a gun---legally blind in one eye), but I'd like to think I could help with that kind of role.

• Like Like x 1
  8. slightlyskeptic

slightlyskeptic GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2021
    Again, you can’t imagine ever fighting for anything or sacrificing for a greater good so I understand why you mock the idea. It’s just not in your make up. That’s ok. Some people are doers and some are takers. I left a career where I was making 4 times what I make now in order to try help people during some of the worst times of their lives. I was the first person in my hospital to volunteer to work with COVID patients in enclosed rooms for 12 hours a day when we had no real idea about the virus and people were dying left and right including nurses. I volunteered because a lot of nurses at the time were refusing to work with COVID patients. So I think I can say that I am willing to put myself at risk to help others just like I am willing to fight for what I think is right and just. It ain’t no fantasy. But you go ahead and do what you do. I understand why you have to.;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I believe this is what you conservatives call "virtue signaling" when the liberals do it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. swampspring

swampspring GC Hall of Fame

Dec 13, 2009
    I think the polls will say one thing but reality might be quite a bit different. Regardless of political persuasion, as a whole, Americans are pretty damn soft. I know message board warriors will disagree with me but watch how people in other countries live, you know, those who have to deal with real issues and aren't living in a world of hypotheticals on message boards. I'm pretty comfortable saying that the vast majority of us would peace out. That's the benefit and blessing of having the best military in the world and one of the strongest economies. We have the luxury of being soft. We're a society of people from Wall-E

[​IMG]

BTW, before you come at me for being weak, this is me during the middle of a Hurricane:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. slightlyskeptic

slightlyskeptic GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2021
    Nope. Just pointing out facts that you don’t like. You continued to mock my motives and called out my honesty and willingness to actually do what I said I would do. I just provided some evidence to back it up. But I also understand why you would attempt to mock that too. ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  12. littlebluelw

littlebluelw Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Check out this article from The Ledger:

'She knows the risk; she may be killed': Lakeland woman refuses to leave Ukrainian village amid Russian invasion

13. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I would definitely fight except I had shin splints earlier in my life so i'm outta here in a flash.

14. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I would without a doubt stay and fight, and yes, I would be scared also. Who wouldn't in that situation?

• Like Like x 2
  15. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    • Like Like x 1
  16. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Now I know what you meant when you said you would stay and what you could, pretty much nothing

17. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Yes you wouldn't want to have too many neighbors like him

18. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Agree

19. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    And you democrats didn't say if you would be wearing a dress or pants. I think we have a pretty good idea though

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Me: I’ll send lead down range
    Wife: You’re too blind to know what direction that is.

Have to say the responses in this thread surprised me. I guess it is easier just to file a lawsuit against putytat