Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Political lie of the year - And the winner is ...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Dec 10, 2019.

1. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    And the size of south Alabama. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
  3. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    2 other things this repugnant freak does that highlight his repugnant freakness are:
    1. this weird reference to his imaginary fan club "everyone tells me it was the most successful ____in history. I don't know, but that's what everyone is saying...." [then, to top it off, the fake modesty] "...I don't know, it's probably too soon to take credit for it. We'll see how it goes."*
    2. the say it, but bitch out move: "you know I could mention how fat she is, but I won't. I won't"

those 2 moves are the cry of sicko. it also demonstrates his lack of respect for the intelligence of his base. who, of course, lap it up with gusto.

* in addition to the ludicrous double down move, he uses a variant of this when busted for lying. TRUMP: "this was the biggest electoral victory in history". Normal person: "no it's not". TRUMP: "Well that's what someone told me."

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Anything that Schiff says.... Lie/s of the year.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    They probably just rationalize that Trump is talking about some different kind of raise than the one they usually get.

Or they don't even know how much they get paid. A lot of folks in the military have someone else manage their money.

6. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's a matter of degree.
    I expected more from a constitutional scholar like Obama.
    Everyone knew exactly what they were getting with Trump.

7. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That's sad, really. Because you knew he was a pathological liar, it's OK for him to lie?

A lot of moral compasses are going to need recalibration after this failed social experiment is over.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    That is an interesting defense, isn't it?
    "Yeah, we knew our guy was a dishonest creep, so we expected him to lie continually. But we were really shocked and surprised that your guy got something wrong."

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Au contraire, mon frère. The rural counties, at least the ones in the upper midwest where I come from, had no clue that there are humans that act like Mr. President. So no, not "everyone" knew exactly what they were getting. I did, because I was eyeballs deep in the muddy swamp for decades and could smell the stench from a mile away. But Farmer John in Buena Vista County in BFE Iowa had no clue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Here's a better example of morality.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    I liked my doctor so I kept her. Soooooo not a lie - just not universally true.

12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    That one always boggled the mind a bit.

I mean what % of people honestly had to change doctors BECAUSE of Obamacare? How would that even work exactly? Most people didn't even switch insurance anyway, just continued on the employer plan. If you signed up with Obamacare, then presumably you were unemployed or self-employed and uninsured before Obamacare (or had some crappy non-insurance product). So then, who the hell did Obamacare force to change doctors? I mean I'm sure there is some circumstances where it happened, but that hardly makes it a "lie". Just not an absolute.

For instance.... if your doctor retires then I guess you couldn't keep your doctor after-all. But that is hardly the sort of thing Obama was promising (I'm thinking of some of the politically outspoken doctors who threatened to quit practicing or refuse treating democratic patients if Obamacare became law... I think that was more certain individual doctors acting highly unprofessionally and committing political douchery than something you could blame on Obama, and in the end Obamacare was not a net negative to any physician's bottom line that I can tell - I'd go so far as to say that minority of doctors that were hardcore anti-Obamacare look pretty foolish in hindsight).

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I married my doctor.
    She knew I was healthy....and now I'm wealthy.
    Holiday greetings from here in southern California.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So everyone knew that Trump would bald faced lie several times a day on every topic he gets engaged in, and that's ok because you knew he was going to do it?

And then you spread those lies like they're the gospel?

When did it become okay for the White House to become a Russian propaganda outlet?

What to hell explains that behavior?

Apparently Trump's unending deceit, criminal and traitorous behavior is what Americans deserve.

Constitution be damned. Let's just hand the country to Putin and be done with it.

15. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    Given your continued attempt to excuse Trump's lies, this time with an old meme which may or may not be true, maybe it's best that you not talk about morality at the moment.

16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Adding the caveat that I am not a Catholic, there very few American politicians who actually support the the teachings of the Church. While the Church has very conservative/puritanical positions on reproduction and issues of sexual morality including near absolute opposition to abortion, it also has a very strong social justice gospel. The Church supports concepts like welcoming the stranger, feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, etc. The Church's views on some of the Trump/conservative policies:
    Pope Francis calls Trump’s border policy ‘cruel,’ compares southern barriers to Berlin Wall
    Catholic leaders say food stamp cuts will harm people, but not put them to work
    Pope criticizes Trump administration over family separations - CNNPolitics
    The Catholic Church's long history of resettling refugees in the U.S.
    Homelessness and Housing: A Human Tragedy, A Moral Challenge
    Louisville Catholic church declares itself 'sanctuary church'

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I kinda like Don Jr's - We went to Russia to discuss Adopting poor disadvantaged Russian Children.

18. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Which is translation for Magnitsky Act.

19. llm85

llm85 NBN Bracket Master

Sep 1, 2011
    Naples
    I'm voting for "I beat up Corn Pop."

20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame