Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Police officer does his job.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    With all the bad mouthing of police around here I thought it only right to commend the Columbia County Sheriffs office on a job well done. Hope these thugs get a lot of years behind bars. Bad guys being bad guys is one thing but doing it around an elementary school is a whole different ball game.

MEDIA RELEASE: 2 Arrested Following Lockdown at Eastside Elementary

• Like Like x 3
  2. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    The only officers being bad mouthed are the bad officers. These guys did it right.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    What occurs to me is: are you raising this because it's an anomaly, or are you implying they shouldn't be criticized when they don't do their jobs?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. DesertGator

DesertGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Frisco, TX
    It's an anomaly that it gets recognized. There are far more decent LEOs than bad ones, but far more instances of bad ones brought up.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    The problem is they all have the same haircut and it makes it hard to tell them apart.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Actually my cousins daughter is a teacher at that school. Kind of an odd coincidence but her father (my cousin) was a Deputy with Columbia County before he died.

7. DesertGator

DesertGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Frisco, TX
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    I was just wondering the same thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's good news involving cops. Which one do you think it is? Lol :D

10. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I wouldn't have posted that response but for the OP. That cops every single day do acts of bravery and kindness is not in dispute. However, it's also beyond dispute that some disgrace the badge and profession. They need to be exposed and punished as much as all the good officers need to be lauded. I've never known the OP to criticize those officers. That was the point of my post.

Perhaps I should have remained silent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Read the OP's post. His purpose here was to do something that rarely happens around here. Commend the Police for a job well done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Posters here have no problem commending and criticizing the police depending on the situation. Unlike you, who can never seem to muster up the courage to criticize them.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Sure I can the capitol Police were idiots to shoot Ashli Babbitt.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
  14. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Well, since this thread is about praising police for doing their job, I think it’s only right to commend the Capitol police on a job well done. Ashli Babbitt was a bad guy and a criminal who was breaking the law and not following police orders. Bad guys being bad guys is one thing, but doing it in a federal building is a whole different ball game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Enough of this. I didn't start this thread for this silly argument. I started it because someone who was there posted her story to friends and family on Facebook along with a link to the story put out by the Sheriffs office and I thought these guys deserved thanks. I'm thankful Amanda and her kids were safe in their classroom and this situation was handled and didn't turn worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Good on that SRO. It's nice when they do their jobs instead of slamming 11-year-olds unconscious.

Or choke slamming special needs kids.

Or general rough housing

Or tasing on knocking the teeth out of kids

Or fractures the skull of a kid and giving him brain damage.. then lying and saying it was a "slip and fall."

[​IMG]

Are these cops above criticism, and if not, will you criticize them?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Most (almost all) police interactions help people who need it. But the institutional practice of lying and covering up errors and criminal behavior by a few cops is what needs to stop. It undermines the whole institution. The blue wall sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Great point. The more we read about the capital police the more we realize how they sacrificed their bodies to defend against a hateful violent mob. It’s heart wrenching to hear how the thugs beat LEO men and women. It sent officers to the hospital, some now with lifelong injuries and some it resulted in death. But LEO were able to slow down the riotous mob and help preserve our democracy. Fortunately most of the anti-American mob was identified and charged.

thank you Capital Police. You will go down as heros defending our democratic process.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Yeah saying the police were idiots for shooting criminal Ashli Babbitt is a very silly argument, I'm glad you realized it.

And anyone who has been on here for a while knows the real reason why you made this thread, it's not hard to figure out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    They were faced with a contingent of deranged, violent law breakers who wanted to hurt and kill them, yet they performed their duties valiantly and saved the lives of politicians and restored order amongst the chaos. Special shout out to officer Eugene Goodman and Lt. Michael Byrd. We all know I give the police a lot of grief on here, but I must praise them for their heroic actions on that day. I would shake all of their hands if I could.