Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Please pray for me

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by Speedofsand, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Speedofsand

Speedofsand GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    one of my favorite Tim Tebow Foundation posts.

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Speedofsand

Apr 8, 2007
    After spending 5 hours in my girl's visitation hours greeting hundreds of loving friends, I walked out to this sign. The picture really doesn't show how beautiful it was. She got her wings.

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. CharlestonGator

CharlestonGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Speed...just saw this...prayers sent. Do know....you will see her again in paradise (Heaven), and you will be with her FOREVER. Keep that fact in your heart while you go through this tough time. I know it’s real tough...BUT YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Sleep soundly my Gator friend knowing God is taking care of her and knowing you will be reunited with her. What a happy day that will be.... Thanks be to Jesus for his SUPREME SACRIFICE! The BEST gift!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Speedofsand

Apr 8, 2007
    I am comforted by the special memories this summer, especially our last day. I told her I was so proud of her, when she rushed to Ohio to help my parents after almost losing my mother (she flat lined 5 times, a helicopter flew her to Huntington, W.Va. to put in a temporary pacemaker until surgery the next day). I got a big hug & kiss and told her I love her when we said goodbye July 23. Our last day was so full of love. A trip to the grocery store turned into a random excursion to see a waterfall near where I grew up. I can't believe 12 days later she suffered a severe neurological reaction apparently from medications causing a chemical imbalance.

There is a benefit at Wente's in St Charles, MO. this Sat. to celebrate her life and help the kids. If anyone here wants a Gator visor signed by Danny Wuerffel, or one of a kind 2016 Daytona 500 helmet signed by winner Denny Hamlin, or lots of other nice prizes, tell your STL friends to check it out.
    Thanks again to all of you for your kind words and thoughts. My heart is healing. Go Gators

[​IMG]
    Best mommy in the world holding my grandson's shirt as he plays in the water

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    So sorry. I cant fathom the pain. My prayers go up for you.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    In all kinds of weather brother! GC helped me a lot after losing Mrs. GK whether they know it or not. :emoji_thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. gatorgirl815

gatorgirl815 Sophomore

Aug 20, 2019
    South central alabama
    So sorry about your daughter. Prayers sent.

8. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    SoS, I've read through this thread with its heartbreaking news of your beloved daughter's passing several times since you first posted. My heart hurts for your loss and I wanted to write something that might alleviate the devastating emotional pain I know you and your family are suffering. I could find no adequate words. Still can't, but for a few that have helped me from time to time.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7

May the promises of God and the distance of time assuage your grief and ease your pain. Amen

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Prayers sent speed.

10. Speedofsand

Apr 8, 2007
    Thank you. I've read that verse and many more. I brought home a pink rose from her funeral and spread the petals in my back yard. I can't wait for my grandkids to visit and play in the same yard, stay in the same house as she grew up in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1