Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Players at UT Austin: won't recruit/go to donor events until...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by luvtruthg8r, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Wait, is that bad?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. mutz87

mutz87 #restinpowerrbg VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I don't know if I agree with this. I just wanted to say hey little, nice to see you peek the head in too hot :D

4. littlebluelw

littlebluelw Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have no idea how I got sucked back in here but I promise I will just be a little bit at a time. Hope you are well my friend

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Someone told me that Robert E. Lee used to end speeches with the "Eyes of the South" and that someone copied it and changed it to fit Texas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't know. They're standing up to some pretty stiff opposition. They think something is important and they're taking a stand. More than most kids their age would do.
    But let's face it, they've got a lot of power they haven't used before. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, who gives in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Hall of Fame

Apr 25, 2011
    What is your definition of racism?

10. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    There'll be no giving in left to do when the good ol' boys in the Stetson hats who pay for the scholarships find other things to do with their money. And that's exactly what they will do when they're told it isn't their show anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    I guess it could get down to that, huh? You want a good competitive football program, you may to accept some changes around campus to get that.
    Or maybe the players will give in the schools hold with 'you want to play here, you play by our rules ...'

Like I said, it'll be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That's sure to help them win recruits :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Then who are the kids you say view life as a bouquet of flowers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bingo.

The players could lose. This power play is beyond intriguing because it is two different leverage points.

I personally am hoping the players prevail. The "wins" they get here will cost the big dogs nothing. The money will keep flowing even if the Dogs give in entirely.

Of course the Dogs will craft a "win" out of it themselves. And I'm not against that either.

In fact, if I were advising them (why in the world did they not ask??) I would say go much bigger. But these younguns will learn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mutz87

mutz87 #restinpowerrbg VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    As brief as I can.

I start with the generally held definition of racism being a belief about the superiority of one's own racial (or ethnic) group over other racial or ethnic group/s. This base definition is at the core of white supremacy and used more to describe individual acts.

But that's just the start.

Racism found across a system/s is about institutionalization of power in which that power is exerted in the oppression and discrimination of people of other races/ethnic groups. It is discernible by patterns of racism/bias/discrimination in the aggregate.

For instance in housing, criminal justice, employment, health, politics, and sports. In extreme forms, slavery and Jim Crow.

This is systemic or institutionalized racism.

There are several driving factors responsible for these patterns: 1) Policies that cause their entrenchment 2) Racially biased beliefs of those in decision-making power (note, the person may or may not even be aware of his bias) occuring in the aggregate and/or 3) Racial animus.

[Edit] Need to add a fourth: Ignorance...which permeates throughout.

I should also add, racism is often used interchangeably with racial discrimination or with racial bias or with racial prejudice. This is more @ a conventional shorthand in everyday language usage.

I'd honestly like to know how you would define racism too. I anticipate there being some disagreement here. Or maybe not.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    The next (and final) world war will feature multiple countries dropping nukes on each other, thus reducing the Earth to a smoldering pile of ashes. There will be no winners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. grayg8rstevo

grayg8rstevo VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    N...I hear you. A WORLD WAR is when all citizens get out and do what is necessary. Losing 10,000 in an island campaign, with 28,000 casualties are pretty staggering number, you would agree. ( Pacific campaign).
    To his point, Guadalcanal was fought with a whole bunch of 19 year olds.
    Peleliau ( sic) was a slaughterhouse for the Marines. That kind of ALL HANDS ON DECK. AND NUCLEAR? that boggles the mind. Taking out a carrier with hypersonic cruise missiles takes out $1 billion and about 5000 sailors. Anyway, my numbers are not exact, but, it is a societal will thing.
    Go Navy.

18. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Some creatures might disagree.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Every bit helps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. alligatoralley

alligatoralley VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So I would assume all the Robert E Lee schools across the South will be remanded soon?

Actually I’m surprised they’ve lasted this long....since his statue was taken out of Robert E Lee circle in New Orleans several years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.