Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pitchfork Music Festival 2019

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by StrangeGator, Mar 15, 2019 at 1:06 PM.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Here we go again. Try not to yawn. Just bought my tix for all three days. My son and I will be going for the 14th year in a row. We are both volunteers for CHIRP Radio (Chicago Independent Radio Project) and will be taking our turns helping out in the Chirp Record Fair.

See the full lineup below. The highlights are (Friday) Haim, Mavis Staples, Low, Soccer Mommy, Julia Holter, Great Black Music Ensemble (Saturday) The Isley Brothers (60th anniversary tour) Belle and Sebastion, Stereolab, Kurt Vile, Parquet Courts, CHAI (Sunday) Robyn, Charli XCX, Whitney, Snail Mail and Nenah Cherry.

Note that over half the artists performing will be women.

Pitchfork | Pitchfork Website

$75 single day tix, $175 for all three days. Good cheap all local food vendors plus an outdoor Whole Foods where you can buy healthy snacks and fresh fruit.

True to old school festival traditions, artists, artisans and authors are featured via the Renegade Craft Fair, world's largest curated showcase of independent craft and design, the Flatstock Poster Show, the Book Fort, a roving interactive book fair and of course, The CHIRP Record Fair, featuring kiosks from major independent labels like SubPop, Matador, and Touch and Go along with independent record stores from throughout the midwest. I'll be sitting at the CHIRP Radio swag table for a couple of hours each day.

Pitchfork | Pitchfork Website

2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    What's the venue? Millenium park? Any latin, jazz, or instrumental groups?

3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Union Park, right near the United Center and right at the Ashland stop on the Green Line. It's one of the old city parks with a nice view of the skyline to the east. There is at least one jazz group, the Great Black Music Ensemble and possibly on or two others. Not sure about any latin music but there has been a lot in the past and a lot of ethnic music of different types.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Have a great time with you son at the fest!