Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

PG next year?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by 108, Feb 13, 2020.

1. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

Very well!

2. Bryan85

Bryan85 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 27, 2007
    I just checked 4 NBA Mock Draft sites. Each listed 2 rounds, 64 players. No mention of Andrew at all. One of them had Scottie Lewis at #30 and one listed Blackshear near the end of round 2 at #60.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm not sure that video shows him running an offense. It shows one assist and a few one-v-one drives to the basket. Are you looking for a point guard who does most of the scoring?

4. murphree_hall

murphree_hall All American

Jul 11, 2019
    I agree on your criticisms, but I will say that they don't pressure the ball handler bringing the ball up the court in the NBA like they do in high school and college. I think the reasoning is that they feel that if a guy makes it to the NBA, he is too good to pressure/trap and you will give up easy baskets.

So, AN wouldn't be a liability on that, but his fast break ability is not great at this time.

5. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I will not get into a discussion about who will play in the NBA because I know I don't know. With that said it sure looks to me like we are picking up the pace and getting the ball up the court quicker than we were. AN is part of that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We sure did pick up the pace last night. However, it was with AN on the bench. We were up 11-4 after 7 minutes last night. We then went on a 38-15 run the last 13 minutes. Glover was at the point for that entire time. He led us on the offensive end and Payne led us on the defensive end. In those 13 minutes, we looked as good on both ends of the floor as we have the whole year, and we did it with a bunch of freshmen getting a pile of playing time.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    While I don't argue that the pace is quicker with Glover I do contend it is picking up with AN also. To me, that signifies the players are becoming more cohesive.

8. 609gjk

609gjk Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Glover really did great job last night in running the team on offense and his defense was stellar. He is a freshman and is still adapting to college basketball. AN is not very good on defense one on one. Guard from Vandy shot and made two threes in a row when AN was guarding him.

9. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    I was at the game and Glover looked like the starter. Great ball handling, defense was solid, and loved that he was fearless driving to the basket. I just felt the team performed better with him in vs AN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Glover can’t shoot foul shots yet. You can’t have him on the court in close games

11. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Glover needs to be hitting foul shots at the 80+% range. Practice, practice, practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Sure you can. Yesterday was the first time that Glover got enough minutes at the point to show what he can do. He was an 85% free throw shooter in high school. He will be fine from the line. A little too much adrenaline right now on the shot, but the form is excellent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    His shot selection, though. :(

14. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I think that his shot selection is fine. However, he gets to the basket so easily that he sometimes finds himself not knowing to do when he gets there. That problem should be resolved with experience. It shouldn’t take real long to figure out what doesn’t work in college that used to work in high school.

15. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    If Scottie Lewis could give Glover some of his arc on his shot, and he could give Scottie some of his flatness, they'd both have perfect amount of arc on their shot.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I am pretty sure that you can’t tie them together like that.

17. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    If Andrew heads off, we will be just fine with Glover and Appleby. Tre Mann could spell one of them if either would get injured. Locke and Mann at two guard, two of the freshmen could rotate at the wings with Johnson showing them the way! This is assuming Scottie moves on. CMW will have a lot of options, which over a season you need. Almost every team in the SEC has had injury problems and have had players to step up like Tennessee in a good way or Vanderbilt the opposite.

18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I think AN needs another year of college to continue to improve his skill-set. It would hurt the Gators if he spends the entire off season with the Canadian team again, as it took them quite a few games to learn to play together this fall. Even Billy alluded to the fact that he watches the Gators, the Gators were young and still needing to learn to play together during interviews this past weekend. Not sure AN is consistent enough offensively for the Gators to win against great teams. Still young and developing, but not NBA ready.

19. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I know Glover is young but he leads the team in turnovers per minuted played, he is shot 50 from the foul line against Vandy, both misses were one and one. His overall free throwing is not good. He is exciting but I wonder why all the love

20. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    I think his free-throw shooting has improved over the course of the season. Eric? Numbers please.

• Funny Funny x 1