Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pete sets NL rookie record

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by hhpgator, Aug 18, 2019.

1. hhpgator

hhpgator Premium Member

Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatoralumni99

gatoralumni99 VIP Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Power Pete!!!

Here’s hoping the 2020 edition of UF baseball can find a power bat in the middle of the lineup! Maybe one of the incoming Freshman can have an impact like JJ Schwarz had as a freshman 18 homers and a .332 average!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 2
  4. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Several of the freshman last year put a whole bunch of balls at the warning track with a swing that looked like they were just poking at the ball. I think at least one of them will be swinging through some balls this year and they’ll start getting out. Acton started coming around towards the end of the year, Cali was hot at the beginning...I’d be kinda surprised if one of them didn’t have a big jump this year. Young was pretty solid already last year and if we find another lead off hitter, I think he will bring some more power in the middle of the lineup. Fabian also has a big bat but looked a bit timid at the plate last year, hopefully he will come out of his shell too.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. gatoralumni99

gatoralumni99 VIP Member

Apr 6, 2019
    I’m hoping the incoming freshmen can contribute or I am afraid the gators might have another lackluster year - last years freshman position players were timid at the plate and seemed to get exposed once SEC play started.

Losing our top upperclassmen bats off last years team is gonna be tough to replace.

Hoping for some freshman magic!!

6. avogator

avogator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I am really looking forward to Pete Alonso as Mr Two Bits . Homecoming would be awesome

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2