Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Perine - on field noise level

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorLuke, Oct 6, 2019.

1. DesertGator

DesertGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Frisco, TX
    I was at that game sitting (well, standing and screaming) about 25 rows up on the 30 (blind luck ending up with those seats since they were student tix). If was 62-37. UToothless looked like world beaters until the rain started and were up 30-14 at that point. Incredible comeback!

2. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Thanks for posting.

I was at that game with my best friend (of 42 years) and his wife who are Tigger fans. It was one of my all time fave wins in Deathly Quiet Valley.

He wouldn't talk to me after the game. He was absolutely stunned like the other 90K Boudreaux's in there. He walked out of the stadium and left us he was so pissed.

He was waiting for us back at the tailgate spot nursing a Maker's Mark, lol.

So I gladly walked his wife out (shes a hottie w/ an awesome personality) with my victory cigar lit. And I wasn't that obnoxious during the game either, so no reason for my buddy to be mad at me, lol.

Those fans took that loss really hard. I've been attending LSU games for over 30 years. They were devastated.

Same goes for the loss last year. Their Florida Gator PTSD is kicking in since we won 2 out of the last 3 with inferior teams and after a decade of mediocrity.

That's why this game is so crucial to them, they know if they lose at home again, it's back to the Spurrier years. They will finally realize the sleeping giant is awake and munching on Tigger balls for years to come.

Bless their hearts come Saturday night.

3. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Weary was with Wuerffel at the Saints in 97'.

4. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    And Burrow is still butt hurt about that big time play. He thought he was winning that game. Then a few weeks later BAMA shut him out in Baton Rouge 29-0. It wasn't his year. And this year ain't his either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I don't think Weary came in the same class with Wuerffel. Fred also played as a fifth year senior his last year at UF.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    I met both at Saints camp in 97' or 98'. Weary was a rookie, in 98' I guess, and Danny had been there a year already.

7. johnagator

johnagator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    14-9 vs f$u. Pass into the end zone—silence. Incomplete—loud eruption ear drums ruptured. About the same as last Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Legend

Jul 24, 2010
    Yes, would agree. Was an amazing game to have watched in the Swamp. Next would e be the 'cock block against SOS

9. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Yeah, that's 1998. My wife's bestfriend is Fred's wife, so I hear news about him from my wife from time to time. I think they inducted him to the CF hall of fame, or it might be the ROH last week. My wife was showing me the videos her friend took in Facebook.

10. ShadowCat

ShadowCat Senior

Jan 6, 2015
    That was my senior year... awesome game. Wasn't it three plays into the endzone and all failed by being batted down?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    The greatest part of that last play was Weldon's pass was tipped and you can see Matt Frier "the Crier" put his arms out to make the catch. Then, Del Speer cuts him off at the knees and the ball falls helplessly to the ground!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. johnagator

johnagator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There have been so many thrills over the years. This thread is the best. Like remembering old friends. And we know exactly where we were at the time—the Swamp.
    Reeves to Alvarez would have been as loud if we had more fans then

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    "...munching on Tigger balls..."
    Oh....THAT'S a good one!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    It was George. I was at that one in the East stands. Also at the halfassu game that year in a similar location. Halfassu is loudest and best Gator game I have ever been to. I wasn't at the Cock block but I'd be shocked if it was louder.

15. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    1990. I was there. That was a great night.